• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1/C summer cruise options

Hawk12

None
I was just given the option between taking HSC-23 or VQ-3, any word on VQ-3? The location in OKC doesnt seem to exciting, but I'd really like the opportunity to go different places and I'm not sure about where I could go with VQ-3 or if I'd be stuck in OKC.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I was just given the option between taking HSC-23 or VQ-3, any word on VQ-3? The location in OKC doesnt seem to exciting, but I'd really like the opportunity to go different places and I'm not sure about where I could go with VQ-3 or if I'd be stuck in OKC.

Let's see, spend the summer in San Diego or Oklahoma...?

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
I may be a bit bias because I've been to San Diego but Oklahoma is fun too during the summer! All depends on what you like... Beach girls or Mid west girls =D Although in OKC the beer selection is slim.

On a professional note San Diego is closer to alot of other bases so you get a better idea of what Navy life is like. Wheras in OKC not so much

gotta_fly

pilot
On a professional note San Diego is closer to alot of other bases so you get a better idea of what Navy life is like. Wheras in OKC not so much

You'd probably get a better idea of my Navy life in OKC. Just sayin'... :-p

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

mid1510

did anybody get assigned a squadron for their aviation afloat cruise? Or do they just tell you when you get to the carrier?

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
You'd probably get a better idea of my Navy life in OKC. Just sayin'... :-p

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

ROFL Not going to lie, I do miss City Bites Sandwiches and all the random BBQ places near the airport!

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor

If you went VQ-3 you would go on a trip with a crew. You will be in OKC a little bit. If you have a decent running-mate he will take you 20 mins down the road to OU and let you try your luck in the college bars down there (if you're into that, and of age.) It's all what you make of it.

Orders got changed, sorry MasterBates. However, if they were going to send me that probably means other Mids are still coming.