• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Just got the scores and need some advise

ASTB scores: 5/6/6 48.
CGPA: 3.3
Major: Aeronautical Science
PRT: 80 PU/90 SU/10:00 Run
Flight Time: 320 hrs Commercial/instrument/multi

Not the best of what I wanted but need some advise. I know I qualify for Pilot but is it good enough and should I take the ASTB again? If I sent in a packet, I've seen some info on AW that FY09 is completely full and the boards are only considering FY10? True? Also, if I take it again, I def have to work on the math portion as well as a little Mech. Comp...any help?

Gills

Jeffe,

Are your scores good enough for SNA? maybe. Are they good enough for NFO? maybe again, but you have a better chance. Should you take the ASTB again if you think you can do better? Definitely.

The only thing you have to contemplate is whether you want to submit with your current scores, see what happens and then retest and reapply if you don't get selected. It all depends on your timeline.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
Thanks cpgille! I told my recruiter why not apply now and if not selected then I will retest and resubmit.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
:)....maybe! gotta be careful posting on here because if im picked up, I hear the DI's read these lol.

rjmayer

I used arco and barron's, but they were mostly just to refresh. I'm in aero engineering and have a private pilot's license. Although i will say the english was tough, because i mostly speak math like all other engineers. i had to study doing basic math again without the calculator since most of the math i use these days is all letters it seems, haha. Flying experience made the spatial ap. very easy. I got an 8/9/8 on first try form 5. good luck to everyone.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
So what do you guys think? The PRT scores were NOT official...these were on my own...im training for max on everything but the run i think ill only get about a 9:00 on...ive heard of some crazy stories of people getting SNA with low ASTB but high EVERYTHING else..

BullGator

So what do you guys think? The PRT scores were NOT official...these were on my own...im training for max on everything but the run i think ill only get about a 9:00 on...ive heard of some crazy stories of people getting SNA with low ASTB but high EVERYTHING else..
You should take an official PRT (if your OR requires it) and apply asap imo; your PRT marks are already very strong. If you aren't pro-rec'd you should know before you would be able to retake the ASTB anyway, so you could just keep studying in the mean time.

WingForce87

Taking ASTB Tomorrow.

I'm finally taking the ASTB tomorrow. I just have a question...

I have taken a few pratice test from the barrons and arco guides and I probably average around 75%-80% correct on the math/verb/mech sections, 90%-100% on the spacial section, and around 75% on the aviation section.

Could anyone give me an idea of how this would affect my PFAR, FOFAR, and OAR scores?

Thanks, Aaron

BullGator

I'm finally taking the ASTB tomorrow. I just have a question...

I have taken a few pratice test from the barrons and arco guides and I probably average around 75%-80% correct on the math/verb/mech sections, 90%-100% on the spacial section, and around 75% on the aviation section.

Could anyone give me an idea of how this would affect my PFAR, FOFAR, and OAR scores?

Thanks, Aaron
Are you serious? Just take the test and see how it goes. :confused:

If you are taking it tomorrow (Saturday), good luck. Get some sleep, eat a small but nutritious breakfast (with some carbs), get their early, and do your best. Be confident and remember if you have to you can take it again; in that case, I recommend taking and retaking all of the practice exams that you can (while timed), and study hard.