• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

layan

For the mechanical section, I saw that people have said it is more concept-based, but there are still problems where you have to do calculations. Can anyone elaborate on this? What are the usual types of problems that are concept-based, and what are the usual type of problems that you would calculate? What formulas should I be very familiar with, and are the formulas provided?

skb832

For the simulator, what sensitivity did you put your HOTAS control on? If I'm practicing the hardest difficulty, my throttle doesn't keep up. But I want to be as close to the real test as possible

BorgImo

Hey all, quick question that came up during my studying. I've seen various versions of "what temperature does carb icing occur at?" and I've seen the correct answer listed as 40, 50, and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Does anybody know what the most correct answer is to this? Thanks

S.B.H.W.M

Hey ya'll so I have a question, I just took the ASBTE today and got a 54 6/6/6. Is that competitive for pilot along with a pretty solid package for the rest of my application? Also, do the marines have a flight program that takes the ASTBE results that I've already taken or not?

piper56M

Hey all, quick question that came up during my studying. I've seen various versions of "what temperature does carb icing occur at?" and I've seen the correct answer listed as 40, 50, and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Does anybody know what the most correct answer is to this? Thanks
Carb icing typically occurs between 20F and 70F (give or take) so I guess it really just depends on the question, and what your other options are. Most questions on carb icing I’ve seen ask for the range of temps which are most favorable for the formation of carb ice

Graduated from OCS this past July and am now in Primary flight school in Corpus Christi. Wanted to look back and give a little bit of gouge to the guys who are just like I was a year ago; scavenging airwarrors for every tip they can find.
Take it from me. If you study this book night and day before you take your ASTB-E, you will be a Student Naval Aviator. Work hard, believe in yourself, study hard, and flash card until you can't anymore.
64/8/8/9

Military Flight Aptitude Tests (Barron's Test Prep)
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1438011040/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0E9RC0RDNRF58WT2NREY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

umijs

Hey ya'll so I have a question, I just took the ASBTE today and got a 54 6/6/6. Is that competitive for pilot along with a pretty solid package for the rest of my application? Also, do the marines have a flight program that takes the ASTBE results that I've already taken or not?
What's your GPA? 3.3 GPA, 58/6/7/7 ASTB is considered competitive. And yes the marines take ASTB results

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Graduated from OCS this past July and am now in Primary flight school in Corpus Christi. Wanted to look back and give a little bit of gouge to the guys who are just like I was a year ago; scavenging airwarrors for every tip they can find.
Take it from me. If you study this book night and day before you take your ASTB-E, you will be a Student Naval Aviator. Work hard, believe in yourself, study hard, and flash card until you can't anymore.
64/8/8/9

by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1438011040/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0E9RC0RDNRF58WT2NREY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I will back this up and say that Barron’s is a pretty solid book for preparing for the test. I would also suggest brushing up on exponent and probability questions for the math section

BB Poison

Contributor
64/8/8/9

by Amazon.com
I will back this up and say that Barron’s is a pretty solid book for preparing for the test. I would also suggest brushing up on exponent and probability questions for the math section
Thirding, this plus the Jantzen sim and UAV flashcards