• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

mikeVT

Hey all,

This is my first post, but I've been reading these forums for a while now. I took the ASTB today and scored 54 OAR, 7/7/7. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to put in for Pilot, SWO, and NFO.

Thanks for all the gouge y'all have given me over the past few weeks!

-Mike

Navy Ship

Hey all,

This is my first post, but I've been reading these forums for a while now. I took the ASTB today and scored 54 OAR, 7/7/7. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to put in for Pilot, SWO, and NFO.

-Mike
Awesome scores. Good luck with the application

mikeVT

For those looking at this thread for gouge...

I took form 4. The math section was a breeze. I would say it was about even as far as word problems to regular math problems. All of them I had seen before from studying the gouge on here as well as my study books (Peterson, Arco). The reading section was also straightforward, just like the practice tests I had taken previously to the exam from the books or online. The mechanics section was the hardest part for me, as I started teaching myself the concepts two weeks prior to today's test. Aviation sections were almost too easy with the help of the "ASTB Personal Study Guide" gouge from this site.

I realize I didn't give any new info, just confirming others' posts. My advice is this:

Know you're the man. Work steady and efficiently. Skip the problems you don't know right away, and come back to them at the end. Study hard and trust your studying. You're ready for it!

Good luck!

Adam Janot

Thanks Kees and NavyShip. I am gonna try right away and not waste a board. But if it gets to the point I will try and get a waiver from the Aviation Fleet Commander for age. My OSO told me it takes about 3 months after an in depth screening at Pensacola.

Navy Ship

Thanks Kees and NavyShip. I am gonna try right away and not waste a board. But if it gets to the point I will try and get a waiver from the Aviation Fleet Commander for age. My OSO told me it takes about 3 months after an in depth screening at Pensacola.

Is it possible for you to apply to both Navy and USMC? I know the Navy has a board in December. You'd have to confirm this with NavyOffRec cause I'm not sure. But I'd apply to both if its possible.

Kees

SNA Select
Congrats on the scores gentlemen! It looks like I'll definitely need to hit the books a little harder for the spring boards!

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
Hey all,

-Mike

Nice Mike, Congrats. You're going for the Dec boards I'm assuming?

Acekraze7

Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.
Hey guys I recently took my first ASTB at the end of September and my scores were 6/6/8 OAR 52. I also just finished my kit for the December board for SNA/SNFO. I've been on this forum a lot and seeing excellent scores all 7+ and 55-60 OARS so I told my OR that I want to retake the test but he said that my scores are very good and I have a very high chance. Can someone clarify if it's true that the recent competitive range have dropped?

Just leaving a few tips for those that are about to embark on their studying journey: Do all the study guides being posted on this forum and especially the one with the F-18 on the cover as it will help a lot on the mechanical comprehension. I mention this because I had form 4 and not much of it involved pulleys and gears (which are the main focus on the study books), that being said dont spend too much time on that section and really study your ANIT as they will ask very specific questions that simply skimming through the study guides will do you no good. Good luck everyone!