• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

starpunch

Banned
Starpunch: You haven't even been a member of this forum for 24 hours and your going around with a massive chip on your shoulder trying to pick fights. CLASSIC sign of severe insecurity issues. Do you see those shiny wings under helolumpy's name? That means you happen to be quoting (and insulting) a current officer/aviator.

You are CLEARLY not military material.

"Never pass up the opportunity, to STFU."

With your avatar it seems you indicate the classic signs of a jack ass.

VNE

Moderator retribution in 5...4...3...2...1... Starpunch is banned! \m/ (> <) \m/

ASTB thread back on track.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Total Jerk...

Hey starpunch, tell us all in 1 word how you would describe yourself.

I kinow where he got his user name starpunch: I think he saw stars when the last Warrior he dissed, punched out his lights! :icon_smil

BzB :sleep_125

VNE

I kinow where he got his user name starpunch: I think he saw stars when the last Warrior he dissed, punched out his lights! :icon_smil

I know, right? Maybe when his ban is lifted he will take the advice I gave to him earlier......"Never pass up the opportunity to STFU."

JKid

I feel like I should put in my two cents for any future reincarnations of starpunch.

The officer who runs the NYUSN blog, LT Kovalsky, is my recruiter. He's hard to get a hold of, so one day I took a trek into NYC to the recruiting office without an appointment. He was happy to drop what he was doing and talk to myself and a friend that tagged along. He is very approachable, highly intelligent, and extremely knowledgeable. Everything he has told me about OCS and what I need to do has been spot-on, and is also found in the blog. If anyone is looking for a great source of information, check out his blogspot (http://nyusn.blogspot.com). That website and Air Warriors are the best sources of information out there.

airhorn

just got back from ASTB round 2 for the corps: Got a 6 7 6 52 on form 3. Thank you all for the gouge, insights, and tips! Time to drink!

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot

Also, the username is very fitting since he got clocked on the side of the head with the banhammer.

gnarbot

In the Arco book theres a question where it says
"A purse contains 28 coins in nickels and dimes. The ratio of nickles to dimes is 3:4. What is the value of dimes?"

They way I approached it gave me a answer that wasn't even offered. They way I did it was multiply by 4 then divide by 3 then times 10cents. Is this correct or how would you guys do it?

MGoBrew11

pilot
In the Arco book theres a question where it says
"A purse contains 28 coins in nickels and dimes. The ratio of nickles to dimes is 3:4. What is the value of dimes?"

They way I approached it gave me a answer that wasn't even offered. They way I did it was multiply by 4 then divide by 3 then times 10cents. Is this correct or how would you guys do it?

gnarbot,

Think of the ratio as two parts to a larger "whole".

Since we know that the ratio is 3 nickels to 4 dimes add the two "parts together". 3 + 4 = 7

Now, since we know that there are 28 coins total, divide the "whole" ratio. You get 28/7 = 4

Now multiply the dime "part" of the ratio by the multiplier you just solved for to get the number of dimes. 4 x 4 = 16

There should be $1.60 worth of dimes.

To check the math, multiply the nickels "part" by the multiplier as well (4 x 3 = 12). 12:16 is the same as 3:4 so that should be the answer.