• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03SEP23 OCS CLASS

Nax

I got selected for Pilot back in June, and got this class date this month. Been nonstop working out for a few months now so I hope I’m good enough for OCS (passed PRT last week).

Heres to 13 weeks with you all!

TheManInTheBox99

Don’t sleep on getting fit. You’re so close, so don’t get injured but definitely be ready for the IST. You’d be surprised how many people are going to roll because they can’t pass. Also be ready to push for First Friday and Fast cruise, maybe even do some PT in your hatch because you won’t get any formal PT until first Friday, and you won’t get much PT until Fast Cruise. Good luck everyone!

Nax

Don’t sleep on getting fit. You’re so close, so don’t get injured but definitely be ready for the IST. You’d be surprised how many people are going to roll because they can’t pass. Also be ready to push for First Friday and Fast cruise, maybe even do some PT in your hatch because you won’t get any formal PT until first Friday, and you won’t get much PT until Fast Cruise. Good luck everyone!
What is fast cruise exactly? I remember hearing about it but I don't know what it is off the top of my head, and there is no PT first week? That seems surprising, and I've heard there are always a lot of people that just scrape by on PT.

TheManInTheBox99

What is fast cruise exactly? I remember hearing about it but I don't know what it is off the top of my head, and there is no PT first week? That seems surprising, and I've heard there are always a lot of people that just scrape by on PT.
First week is a lot of in processing and getting medical stuff taken care of. Fast cruise is just another rollable physical evolution that happens the Friday before RLP.

Is this class also operating under the assumption that the requirements for the initial IST are Good-Low? That seems to be the word around town.

Nax

Is this class also operating under the assumption that the requirements for the initial IST are Good-Low? That seems to be the word around town.
I actually saw my recruiter today, the LT said that they were rolling people who didn't score a Good-Low but he wasn't sure. Scares me as my run is barely Sat-High.

schen0222

I actually saw my recruiter today, the LT said that they were rolling people who didn't score a Good-Low but he wasn't sure. Scares me as my run is barely Sat-High.
I recently DOR'd from OCS, however I can confirm you need a good low minimum in EVERY category. I think it used to be you could be sat medium for a category, but needed to be good low average. However, now if you can't achieve good low in every category, you will either be rolled or given a retake. Although I did see that if you were too far below the standards, you would just instantly be rolled.

I recently DOR'd from OCS, however I can confirm you need a good low minimum in EVERY category. I think it used to be you could be sat medium for a category, but needed to be good low average. However, now if you can't achieve good low in every category, you will either be rolled or given a retake. Although I did see that if you were too far below the standards, you would just instantly be rolled.
The OCR (July '22) says the IST requires SAT-MED; In-PFA testing requires SAT-HIGH, Mid-PFA requires GOOD-LOW, and the Out-PFA requires SAT-MED. Has that changed?

I know getting at least GOOD-LOW right off the bat ensures you pass, but it would be rather pointless to have a Satisfactory category if it's not satisfactory.