• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03SEP23 OCS CLASS

schen0222

The OCR (July '22) says the IST requires SAT-MED; In-PFA testing requires SAT-HIGH, Mid-PFA requires GOOD-LOW, and the Out-PFA requires SAT-MED. Has that changed?

I know getting at least GOOD-LOW right off the bat ensures you pass, but it would be rather pointless to have a Satisfactory category if it's not satisfactory.

I believe you need good low for every category in the IST, and for the mid PFA its good medium now. I know kids rolled in IST for not hitting good low in a category. It was a happy little surprise they gave to us in 01-24 (being the first class of FY 24 haha)

Nax

On the OCS website, it still says IST pass is Sat-Med, then it just says "at some point" in OCS all must pass with a Good-Low.
The OCR (July '22) says the IST requires SAT-MED; In-PFA testing requires SAT-HIGH, Mid-PFA requires GOOD-LOW, and the Out-PFA requires SAT-MED. Has that changed?

I know getting at least GOOD-LOW right off the bat ensures you pass, but it would be rather pointless to have a Satisfactory category if it's not satisfactory.
I think it would make no sense to have a Sat category if its not good enough, but if schen0222 was at OCS as of recent, then it has merit to be taken seriously.

Guess I'm about to get rolled week one :/

schen0222

On the OCS website, it still says IST pass is Sat-Med, then it just says "at some point" in OCS all must pass with a Good-Low.

I think it would make no sense to have a Sat category if its not good enough, but if schen0222 was at OCS as of recent, then it has merit to be taken seriously.

Which section are you worried about?

I gotta wonder then how much the Navy truly wants/needs new people. I can understand making it tougher as the program goes on, but to expect Good-Low right off the bat? Unless someone has been doing calisthenics for years on end, not everyone will attain this score.

Thankfully, my run falls in the SH-GL range (if I truly push myself I could get GM or a solid GL) and I've held a plank to EL (I can hold it to GM for sure), but it's the pushups where I'm still struggling. Getting to 35 has been rough (Male 30-34) but now I gotta bump that up to 41, and that's assuming they're all good form (I've been told they are, but the ultimate decider will be at those tests).

So this is how it ends...being rolled in week 1. I'm hoping that if I'm rolled RHC whips me into shape to pass with GL.

schen0222

I gotta wonder then how much the Navy truly wants/needs new people. I can understand making it tougher as the program goes on, but to expect Good-Low right off the bat? Unless someone has been doing calisthenics for years on end, not everyone will attain this score.

Thankfully, my run falls in the SH-GL range (if I truly push myself I could get GM or a solid GL) and I've held a plank to EL (I can hold it to GM for sure), but it's the pushups where I'm still struggling. Getting to 35 has been rough (Male 30-34) but now I gotta bump that up to 41, and that's assuming they're all good form (I've been told they are, but the ultimate decider will be at those tests).

So this is how it ends...being rolled in week 1. I'm hoping that if I'm rolled RHC whips me into shape to pass with GL.
You got this, for what it’s worth my roommate was pretty worried about the run when we found out it was good low, almost a minute faster than what he was planning to run. But he was a BIG mind over matter guy and ended up pushing hard and ended up killing his run. For push-ups and plank if you’re not shaking you probably have a few more pushups in you or can hold the plank a tad bit longer.

Whiskeyrice

For those discussing it, good low for IST in all categories or you will either retake if sat medium or roll outright if less than that in any one category. They will shark your form, pushups most notably

Nax

Which section are you worried about?
The run, my pre-OCS PRT I did 74 pushups and 2:45 plank so I'm not really worried about those, but I've never been a runner (12:45 time). Thankfully I actually just came back from running a 1.5 mi and got a new PB of 11:25 (GM) so I have new confidence in my ability to pass with a Good-Low. Guess mind over matter is it.

schen0222

The run, my pre-OCS PRT I did 74 pushups and 2:45 plank so I'm not really worried about those, but I've never been a runner (12:45 time). Thankfully I actually just came back from running a 1.5 mi and got a new PB of 11:25 (GM) so I have new confidence in my ability to pass with a Good-Low. Guess mind over matter is it.
Yeah you have a huge buffer now, you got this