• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03 August OCS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethy

Hello! I thought I would follow with the trend and see if there were any significant others that were missing their husbands/boyfriends as of last Sunday (03 Aug).
cry_125.gif

This class had organized a big ol BBQ the Friday before their report date. It was really neat to be there when they all met! There were a few girlfriends at the BBQ as well, and I'm sure there are more out there.

leitz

SNA Spouse
I am one of those with a boyfriend in the Aug 3 OCS class. It was rougher than I thought to have no word. Hopefully they will be able to write this week, and I am sure they are anxious for their mail... Any strategies for getting by?

slabicro

Helo wife
Bethy and Leitz,
Welcome. There is a private spouses corner that once a few people see you are here they usually add you in. There you can chat more privately about things and find many people with answers and support
bouncy_125.gif

Welcome
jump2_125.gif

Renee

jaerose

You might look at the 02AUG03 forum for people to tell about the spouses' corner...you can get it from the home page as it's the most frequently posted forum on the site.

JR

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Bethy and Leitz,

You've both been added to the Private Spouses's Corner. There are quite a few of us on here that have been where you are and we'd love to help!

Kathy

Bethy

Leitz- I emailed you back, it was good to hear from you!

Slabrico- I'm sorry you can't go when your husband meets fellow airwarriors. There were only 4 other girls at the BBQ so I don't think you will be missing much girl talk :) Tell your husband to be quiet about airwarriors. Fred said that the DI's found out about airwarriors and the BBQ and were pretty hard on them last week. Yikes!

Hi Jaerose- Yea, I kept up with the 02Aug03 posts as my husband Goose was the one who started it. :) I'm sorry about your date mix up, you would have enjoyed meeting the guys. Good luck in October though!!

Kathy- Thanks for adding me!

zelda

Nomad
Hi Beth & Lisa,

I just stumbled upon this forum that you guys started for those that have SO in the 03-04 class. Glad I did though! I also created one called Significant Others Class 03-04 under the private spouses forum if you wish to check out (Lisa - I know you've already been there!).

I've been writing Josh letters as much as I can. Something that I've incorporated into my routine is that I write him a short letter just before going to bed. I have yet to receive a letter from him though
psst_125.gif
. When I talked to Josh on Sunday, he mentioned that he had written and had just forgotten to send 'em. That's my Josh!
dopey_125.gif

Is it true that we probably won't get to see them until Oct 13th for the formal dinner?

leitz

SNA Spouse
Hi all. Oct 13th seems so far away, and my SO seemed to have no idea really about it (but that is typical of my SO). I wish there was some way to know for sure that they would not get liberty taken away if we were to go visit on a weekend... We may take a chance and buy a ticket for weekend # 7 if they secure before then.

I write nightly, too- the length depends on the day I've had! I have gotten about 4 letters so far, but they have usually been short. I know it is hard for them to find time to write or to be able to mail them. I hear they talk a lot about us, and that they brag about the letters they do get!

zelda

Nomad
So they brag about us and the letters we send, eh? I heard from Josh today when he called this morning. His calls make my Sundays
bouncy_125.gif
. Hearing about everything that he and all the guys are out there doing with training and all gets me motivated as well. I'd been putting off a jog/run for a while and finally just went out for a 4-miler even though it was pretty toasty out. I motivated myself when I thought how this compared with the heat & humidity they have to endure.

On the topic of letters though, apparently when they are "chosen" to read their letters aloud, they have to shout out their entire contents. One of the last times, someone had received a comic strip that they had to share with the class. The incident sounded pretty funny.

jenni

Hi everybody!
I am Scott's girlfriend. He's in the OCS class 03-04, along with Beth, Isela, Kathy and many other's significant others. I was wondering if I could be added to the private page.
Beth - I hear Scott and Fred are pretty good friends.
Are any of you coming into town this weekend after the 6th week PI??
I have gone to the base 3 times since they started OCS and they all look great (I am from Milton, FL which is about 20 miles from Pensacola). They all seem to be doing fine, but I'm sure it sucks! Scott has been telling me stories and from what I hear, their DI is funny and its hard not to laugh at her while they're in formation and whatnot.
I hope to hear from some of you and maybe we'll see each other and chat soon. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Jenni

zelda

Nomad
Hi Jenni,

Glad that you have joined Airwarriors
icon_smile.gif
. Some other SO have talked about their liberty weekend coming up, but when I spoke to Josh, he didn't bring it up. He did say in his last letter that he was hoping to rest up during their liberty weekend, though I wasn't clear if and when that was happening.

I look forward to seeing you again at the Dining Out. I just hope my stuff arrives by then! I moved from the San Francisco area to Boston, and, in an attempt to save money, went with a moving company that takes several weeks to deliver.

Isela

zelda

Nomad
I noticed no one had posted anything new in this forum for a while. I think most of us are connecting under other topics as well anyways
smgreen_125.gif

Has anyone heard any interesting stories from their SO through recent letters? I know sometimes you get to hear more interesting tid-bits through letters than through phone calls. Apparently the Chow Hall experience is really something. Josh described it as just down right bizarre because they have to operate as robots. And it seems that they really admire their drill sergeant, which is a good sign
apple_125.gif

leitz

SNA Spouse
hey there!
i heard some stories about the mess hall experience , and boy am i glad i don't have to eat like that! I love my food way too much to have to worry that much about my posture, etc! My SO tells stories about life there that he finds hillarious, but I am always thinking "ok.. i guess that would be funny if your life was pretty much hell...
devil_125.gif
" I guess it's always a matter of perspective, and to be honest my SO and I find ourselves way funnier than we find eachother!
clown_125.gif

cheers,
LISA

Aleahrg

Hi All... I was just emailed by Jenni to join the 'chat' here. My name is Aleah and I am the girlfriend of Steve in 0304. I live in Colorado for the moment and let me tell you, I think I can speak for all of us who do not live close by...this has been the hardest two (almost) months that I have ever had to endure.
banghead_125.gif
I will be out there on Oct. 3rd for the ball and am really looking forward to seeing the base...and Steve!!! For the meantime, I would love to touch base with anyone who would like to chat with me sometime and share in the agony until graduation comes.
graduate_125.gif
I am new to the whole 'Navy' thing as well, so if anyone has any advice, I am completely open and willing to listen! I also wouldnt mind a little support getting through these times
brokenheart_125.gif
. Can't wait to hear from you all....

~Aleah

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Hi Aleah! You've been added to the Private Spouses's Corner forum. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.