• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01-E Designation

DeepSeaNess

PRO-BOARD EOD/SWO-ED
I understand that O1-E is granted to officers who have four years of service as an enlisted member. I am on AD and just passed my three years of TIS. I have been unable to find a clear definition of when your enlisted TIS is calculated. Is it calculated upon being accepted to OCS, or does time served as a member designated as an officer candidate at OCS count towards your enlisted TIS ? I have searched the MILPERS finances instructions and OPNAV 1420.1b and have not found an answer. Any insight on this matter would be appreciated.

mjv305

ENS SNA
if i graduate on time i will be 4 years and 3 days

Navyoff rec said while at OCS u are still enlisted so i am assuming (without making an ass out of myself) that until the day you graduate OCS you are still enlisted...

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I'm pretty sure it is in the 1420.1b instruction or application that it specifically says commissioned at 4 years and 1 day to be an O-1E. It's unfortunate for me because I will be less than 4 years at commissioning by about a month or 2 so I will miss out on the extra BAH.... Base pay won't really be any different though.

Devil Duck

It's calculated from the date of commission. You've got to have at least 1461 days of active duty enlisted time prior to the date of commission.

I had to provide NPC with copies of enlistment papers - DD214 & discharge was not sufficient.

DeepSeaNess

PRO-BOARD EOD/SWO-ED
mightymouse3,

Thanks for the thread link, the 7A had some good info. From what I read it sounds like you are AD enlisted until you complete OCS. Now its just a matter of submitting a package at the proper time.