• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01' air show season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

I don't need to tell you all that it's that time of the year. A lot of shows have already been going on early this month. Blue's will be in my area four times this year, but what I'm really looking forward to is when the F/A-18 E/F does it's air show appearence at NAS Paxutent River. It's already performed in Australia and England executing a performance which has been said to be "radically different" then the regular Hornet performance, demonstrating "20 unique maneuvers" made possible by it's flight computers and engines, to include a variety of high alpha work. Can't wait. I haven't heard wether or not the Blues will get it, but if it follows them around to air shows, doing maneuvers they can't do...?

D

Ed Williams

One of things about OCS that will bother me the most is the fact that we arn't allowed to look at jets flying overhead. That is definately going to be hard.
ed

Dave Shutter

I wouldn't worry about resiting the urge to look at jets, and the impending consequences. No offense, but after a few weeks of running around, long hours, PT, mashings, endless class lectures, studying, meager hours of sleep every night, all done in that lovely summer weather we've been hearing about, you'll be lucky if you can elevate your head high enough to look at the back of the skull in front of you!

Best of luck at OCS to all

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/01/2001 14:01:57

Kyle McWhirter

Dave,

You mean there isn't any free time for 18 holes of golf or a beach bbq with a couple of coronas? I think my recruiter has been lying to me....hahaha.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:You mean there isn't any free time for 18 holes of golf or a beach bbq with a couple of coronas? I think my recruiter has been lying to me....hahaha.
Duh, that's the Air Force.

Ed Williams

Kyle, I guess that you won't need thoes golf clubs after all! Does anyone know what the penalty is for looking at jets?
ed

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Hehe, I have a hard enough time not looking up through my sunroof driving past Hartsfield (ATL). If you've never been on I-85, it runs directly under the ILS for RWY 08L, so there are (literally) airplanes landing on top of you as you drive past. Definately very cool.

If you can't look at the stuff flying overhead, at least take comfort in hearing them.

Dave Shutter

quote:Does anyone know what the penalty is for looking at jets?

Probably the same penalty for everything else: The Front Leaning Rest Position!...of course I don't know what the Marines call it?

D

Kraftwerk

quote:
Does anyone know what the penalty is for looking at jets?

You will be looking at them no matter how tired you are, no matter how disciplined you think you are, you will be caught and you will be put in the grass - all of you.
One class had to give chase to the Hornets that were circling overhead. Imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.