• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2nd Lt Pay

jed04

I've been looking around trying to determine what a 2nd LT makes per check or mojnth but cannot seem to find a firm answer. I know the military pay scales are available online, but I was wondering if there are any newly 2nd Lts on this forum that could give me a ball park of what to expect for "take home" pay with BAH. Thanks for the help; I'm trying to forcast my finances after OCS.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
(base pay + BAH + BAS + Special Pay (if any) - Taxes) X 100 / (20 X 5)

Integrate over the interval between 0 and 1, then take derivitive of answer

Add 6, subtract 12, then add 6.

Figure out this answer and you will have spent as much time as you would have reading the paychart yourself.

http://dfas.mil

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I've been looking around trying to determine what a 2nd LT makes per check or mojnth but cannot seem to find a firm answer. I know the military pay scales are available online, but I was wondering if there are any newly 2nd Lts on this forum that could give me a ball park of what to expect for "take home" pay with BAH. Thanks for the help; I'm trying to forcast my finances after OCS.

BAH at Quantico, are you married?
For you Marine types do you get single BAH at TBS?

Your pay (as a 2LT at TBS) = BASIC PAY + BAS + BAH = O-1 (2 or less) + BAS for Officers + BAH (if married?) = $2655.30 + $223.04 + $1461.00 = $4339.34 BEFORE TAXES AND MARRIED.

This link has the first 2 variables. This link has the BAH numbers, assuming you get it at TBS, but you can check out other duty stations.

When you leave TBS your BAH will change depending on your duty station. Then you may start to get special allowances for flight pay, hazard pay, etc, etc

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
(base pay + BAH + BAS + Special Pay (if any) - Taxes) X 100 / (20 X 5)

Integrate over the interval between 0 and 1

Add 6, subtract 12, then add 6.

Figure out this answer and you will have spent as much time as you would have reading the paychart yourself.

http://dfas.mil

Your equation might be a little more accurate.

jed04

Thanks for the humor, but per the post, I have read the online chart. It does not give gross pay numbers, just net income. I have seen the online caculators but they all come up with different numbers. I was hoping somebody could give me a first hand account.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the humor, but per the post, I have read the online chart. It does not give gross pay numbers, just net income. I have seen the online caculators but they all come up with different numbers. I was hoping somebody could give me a first hand account.

Per my post, it gives the gross pay ANSWER.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Single Marines do not draw BAH at TBS.

Gross and net....I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I've been in for just under two years and I get approx. $1800 deposited into my account twice a month.

When you're at TBS, it feels like you're scraping by, in comparison, since you're forced to live in the Q and don't draw BAH. Assuming, of course, that you're single.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've been in for just under two years and I get approx. $1800 deposited into my account twice a month.

When you're at TBS, it feels like you're scraping by, in comparison, since you're forced to live in the Q and don't draw BAH. Assuming, of course, that you're single.

How in the world are you just "scraping by?" Every place I've lived since I was commissioned has had a rent (or later, my mortgage) of more than my BAH and I still lived very comfortably. I know there are guys who have lots of college debt, so in that case, sure, but otherwise, where the hell is your money going?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
If you want to know the take-home after taxes, then google federal/state tax rates for income level and multiply the two together.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot

How in the world are you just "scraping by?" Every place I've lived since I was commissioned has had a rent (or later, my mortgage) of more than my BAH and I still lived very comfortably. I know there are guys who have lots of college debt, so in that case, sure, but otherwise, where the hell is your money going?

I'm living the good life now. TBS and the 80+ hour work weeks for $1,100 every two weeks felt like scraping by.