• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whomever (s)he is...I wanna put in for a NAM

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So... as I don't hang out w/ crusty sim instructors who are building stashes of ammo for the yet pending Presidential censure of the 2nd Amendment... does the list of true threats to America for some folks run like this?
  1. Berkeley
  2. ISIS
  3. Rachel Maddow
  4. Common Core
And I'm not trolling here... the I'm just curious about the degree of disdain for that place.
.... wait never mind, I see it got posted on Drudge... Now I get it.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
th

CAMike

None
Contributor
I was raised in nearby El Cerrito. Back then it was full of hippies and stoners, now it's full of progressives and "the entitled". Rioting, blocking freeways and stealing from retail stores is socially acceptable for the Bay Area entitled. Personally, I'm glad they were able to experience a certain feeling outside of their comfort zone. Reality checks are healthy. It seems those complainers have probably never strolled down 98th and International Aves in Oakland after dark. That'll take just anybody out of their comfort zone. Go Kestrels!

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2015/01...od-to-cal-grad-student-navy-is-investigating/

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Some time ago I looked into getting HT flights tracked to make weekend SDO's job easier. Short answer is you can do it for one-off flights, but otherwise policy and practice dictate that mil flight data does not leave the FAA.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So... as I don't hang out w/ crusty sim instructors who are building stashes of ammo for the yet pending Presidential censure of the 2nd Amendment... does the list of true threats to America for some folks run like this?
  1. Berkeley
  2. ISIS
  3. Rachel Maddow
  4. Common Core
And I'm not trolling here... the I'm just curious about the degree of disdain for that place.
.... wait never mind, I see it got posted on Drudge... Now I get it.

Wait, Michael Moore is pissed you didn't include him!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also the comments section, yuck.
Dirty Berkeley Hippie said:
"So this is what children in Iraq and Afghanistan hear when US fighter planes zoom in to drop bombs on them.’ Today’s event was real, very scary, and very odd. I want an explanation from the perps of today’s freak out.”
I tell myself not to get pissed about random comments on the Internet. But I can't help but be pissed on a higher level that there are people who actually exist who actually think this. They actually think people like us want to kill kids because . . . why, exactly? All obvious moral considerations aside, what useful purpose would it serve? Unreal.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I tell myself not to get pissed about random comments on the Internet. But I can't help but be pissed on a higher level that there are people who actually exist who actually think this. They actually think people like us want to kill kids because . . . why, exactly? All obvious moral considerations aside, what useful purpose would it serve? Unreal.

That pissed me off too. No excuse other than people not being able to think for themselves.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, it doesn't help when the A-holes that are pro military make posts about dropping CBUs on Berkeley. Comments like that aren't particularly helpful either. There's enough idiocy to go around, regardless of political bent.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My favorite part: “What happened this afternoon terrified me and my children. They were in their classrooms at BHS and Longfellow the the plane screamed over their heads. In my younger child’s class, children began screaming out of fear. Simultaneously, I was at home thinking, ‘So this is what children in Iraq and Afghanistan hear when US fighter planes zoom in to drop bombs on them.’ Today’s event was real, very scary, and very odd. I want an explanation from the perps of today’s freak out.”

exNavyOffRec

My favorite part: “What happened this afternoon terrified me and my children. They were in their classrooms at BHS and Longfellow the the plane screamed over their heads. In my younger child’s class, children began screaming out of fear. Simultaneously, I was at home thinking, ‘So this is what children in Iraq and Afghanistan hear when US fighter planes zoom in to drop bombs on them.’ Today’s event was real, very scary, and very odd. I want an explanation from the perps of today’s freak out.”

I don't know how far up planes like an F/A-18 can drop bombs but if it was really high up a response to this lady like "no they don't hear that over there, we are so high up when we drop the bombs no one hears it coming" would just set her off.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My favorite comment so far (by NaturalVibes):

This was an outright act of war by the military industrial complex against the peaceful residents of Berkeley. I and many others I know had our equilibriums thrown off balance for hours after the afterburner attack. It took several more hours of meditation and a drum circle to recenter my chi.