• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drinking and driving.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Yet we wouldn't blink twice at a "fire watch." Wonder which is more likely to happen in the barracks? Maybe we could just call it the "bad idea watch," and cover all the bases.

Or have a duty NCO, duty officer, higher duty officer, all their assistant duties, PMO, security forces, etc, that we already have for such reasons.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The SAPR barracks watch?

Is there really a duty solely dedicated to preventing sexual assault? Fuck this world.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't heard of this before. Or maybe it's a Navy thing. Some places have put it on O-2 and below, others have just kept it on the senior enlisted side. But it's been a "thing" for a couple of years now.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
If you can't afford a cab fare from NAS to downtown as an Ensign, well, yeah. It's not that much and it's cheap insurance. Made that cab ride many times in my O-1hood.

Concur. During flight school SOP was for Nittany (during his retread days), myself, and several other AW members to start at the O Club at about 6pm. Shut down the club around 10, then cab it to Palafox. For us this was a weekly ritual for about 8 weeks straight. Enjoy that lifestyle while you can, things change once you hit the fleet.

FWIW I fully intend to restart this ritual as I go back to flight school for the HTs.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Concur. During flight school SOP was for Nittany (during his retread days), myself, and several other AW members to start at the O Club at about 6pm. Shut down the club around 10, then cab it to Palafox. For us this was a weekly ritual for about 8 weeks straight. Enjoy that lifestyle while you can, things change once you hit the fleet.

FWIW I fully intend to restart this ritual as I go back to flight school for the HTs.

I miss those days.... It's kind of hard to replicate in Whidbey.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Back in my day at Whidbey we'd close the club down at 02:00 and stumble back to the barracks, once I was stopped coming from Cathay Palace or was it OHT? anyway it was a long as walk to the barracks from the front gate. Never even lost my license and it was never reported to the command. Ahh, the good ole days!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Concur. During flight school SOP was for Nittany (during his retread days), myself, and several other AW members to start at the O Club at about 6pm. Shut down the club around 10, then cab it to Palafox. For us this was a weekly ritual for about 8 weeks straight.
Ah, yes, otherwise known as the "NAMI just gave nittany03 twelve more weeks med down . . . for no apparent reason besides ass-covering" phase.