• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

subreservist

Thanks very much, VXC.

A few more questions -- I was accepted into JPME Web-enabled and enrolled in the 20 week TSDM course that begins on 2/18/15. That means I'll be done sometime in June or July -- assuming I pass, the points are credited on the day the course ends, correct? (My anniversary date is in May). Can I then wait a few months to enroll in the next course so that my next 'course completion date' is after my next anniversary date?

No, the points are not automatically credited. The Navy War College has no direct input to that process. They will provide you a certificate for course completion and you need to forward that to PERS to get credit for the points.

Not certain how PERS enters the points, but they will likely use the completion date and credit it towards your open year.

Thanks very much, VXC.

A few more questions -- I was accepted into JPME Web-enabled and enrolled in the 20 week TSDM course that begins on 2/18/15. That means I'll be done sometime in June or July -- assuming I pass, the points are credited on the day the course ends, correct? (My anniversary date is in May). Can I then wait a few months to enroll in the next course so that my next 'course completion date' is after my next anniversary date?

Also, thanks for the advice on FEMA courses. I was able to register and enroll without a CAC card and successfully complete a course.

Any word on when the NETC courses will be approved on the list? Those are definitely easier than FEMA.

Finally, if I have a buddy who has a CAC, does anyone know if he can access my ARPR/ASOSH (with my information and permission)?

Thanks guys.

1a) Yes, the points are credited based on the completion date of the course--NWC has no problem if you skip a term (or whatever it's called) so that you get one JPME course per anniv year.
1b) You will pass...it just might be painful.
1c) In fact, if you don't enjoy it AND the NETC courses get approved again, don't be afraid to dump JPME. It blows my mind that I got 34 points spending a day on the PS-rating NETC course, and not much more than that for each of JPME modules.

2) If you live near a NOSC, I'm told that they can "look up" your ASOSH...I've tried it twice, and they were all in civies, playing bongo drums (I'm serious!), looking at ESPN.com or ebay, or otherwise actively avoiding eye-contact with me. They won. The first time the "photo guy" wasn't there, and I felt like I put them out by asking. The second time, I felt like I was lucky just to get them to take my picture, and after 40 minutes of asking 20 people in civvies how I could get a photo, I called it a day.

Out of curiosity, has anybody had any points posted in their ARPR in the past couple of months? I've submitted several certificates starting back in July, and have re-submitted at the 60-day point twice now -- but since this "authorized courses" message hit the street, I haven't had any points added to my ARPR.

My anniversary year is the end of August, and as of a few days ago, ZERO of my 67pts this year have posted....

subreservist

As everyone is aware, the correspondence course point structure has changed and I think it is already reflected for the JPME courses in the last N7 published list. The web-enabled points are: S&W - 34pts, TSDM - 40pts and JMO - 68pts (no longer 48pts each). For those that are able to do it through CD (typically applies to active guys on deployment): S&W- 14, TSDM - 23, and JMO - 36.

It's prorated down even further for those that do the 2 week courses, as you gain points from being on active duty and have less coursework to complete afterwards.

The overall points for JPME only shorts you 2pts total, but the takeaway for the IRR types is you may have to plan a little differently if you are trying to use the course to complete a good year (i.e. S&W alone will not be enough).

The link to NWC JPME retirement points: https://www.usnwc.edu/Departments--...E-Courses-at-NWC/Retirement-Point-Awards.aspx

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Sub,
Thanks for the update. I just enrolled in JMO last week. 247 days...ouch. But the 68 pts through the summer will be bitter sweet...
Sam

Good to hear Sam, and thanks SubRes! To Sam, or anybody else taking JPME, my suggestion is to put in a reasonable amount of time, but don't kill yourself. My marriage suffered, work suffered, and I probably got close to a few car accidents because I took it too seriously...you'll pass, and the prof will tweak any deadlines you might have. Don't let it take you over!

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Good to hear Sam, and thanks SubRes! To Sam, or anybody else taking JPME, my suggestion is to put in a reasonable amount of time, but don't kill yourself. My marriage suffered, work suffered, and I probably got close to a few car accidents because I took it too seriously...you'll pass, and the prof will tweak any deadlines you might have. Don't let it take you over!
THANK GOD!!

rob00000

If you call PERS912 they will mail you a copy of your ASOSH. You can ask them for the point totals over the telephone as well. They agreed to mail me a copy of my ASOSH today.

J.Bourne

as of the Saturday update.
What update are you referring to, I only knew about calling Pers for a point total? As others have noted it is taking time to award points, I'm still waiting for courses submitted in June. But since Pers acknowledged receipt of my courses, I will continue to wait 90-120 days and then call for a status update and points total.

For JPME, I really enjoyed the classes and the discussions. I feel that I learned a lot, and now look at world and local events with a different perspective. Depending on the professor, my experience is that they are very lenient, all three of mine worked with you to ensure you passed (one student was 6 months late on a paper but as long as he wrote it, the professor accepted it, albeit as a lowered grade.)

rob00000

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I received my ASOSH from Pers912 in the mail today. Someone here had said the copy they mail you may not be as good as the actual ASOSH copy. That is incorrect. It is just as good! I compared the copy I just received with an older ASOSH copy that I have & it has all the same columns as the ASOSH copy listed in the same order. That's awesome! Have a good day everyone! :)

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I received my ASOSH from Pers912 in the mail today. Someone here had said the copy they mail you may not be as good as the actual ASOSH copy. That is incorrect. It is just as good! I compared the copy I just received with an older ASOSH copy that I have & it has all the same columns as the ASOSH copy listed in the same order. That's awesome! Have a good day everyone! :)
That could have been me, but maybe I asked PERS for the wrong thing?

Does the ASOSH show where the points come from(like exactly what courses, drill dates, etc...)? My problem has always been:
A) I don't have as many points credited as I should, and
B) I can't tell which courses, funerals, BGO time I'm missing with the point capture sheet I get from PERS.