• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Yes - SF86 Security Questionnaires that are rejected by OPM for any reason will delay NRC's ability to issue you your FINSEL. We must confirm that an applicant's background investigation was at least received and started by OPM (completely outside of our control) before we can ship someone to OCS. Your secrutiy clearance doesnt have to be completed before shipping to OCS, but it must be started to ensure that it gets completed before you complete and graduate OCS and get commissioned. Would recommend getting up with your recruiter as soon as possible to resolve the issues with your SF86 so that they can go ahead and resubmit to OPM.

I re-signed everything and returned it to him 30 minutes after he called me to inform me of the initial validation problem. The last thing that I heard from him was that he had submitted all necessary paperwork the nest day. So now here's hoping it isn't too long of a delay.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
My OR told me that a couple of his applicants from last winter got to go home for the week. The real question is whether or not we will be charged leave, and since they shutdown training and all the staff go home I assume you have no choice but to also go home. Which brings up the question of whether or not transportation from and back to hell will be paid for by Uncle Sam.
Wanna go home. You have to take leave. Uncle Sam doesn't pay for you to come home. It's out of your pocket. If you don't want to go home then you stay in King Hall for two weeks. It all depends on where you are in training on whether you should go home or not. For me personally I went home for a week but I also was a Candio and only had to come back for 1 week and that was to commission. Others that were just starting were allowed leave too but quite a few came back to Newport and DOR'd.

akjim101

Was informed today that I have been penciled in for the 12 Oct class. Waiting on the FINSEL. My question is if the class starts on 12 Oct, what is the commissioning date (I know its 12 weeks, but both Thanksgiving and Christmas fall during the 12 weeks so I don't know how that impacts it)?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Add 14 weeks from the start date. Thanksgiving doesn't impact your commission date. Rather it just shortens the weeks. Last year our class had to do Nav, NOS and ORLP in 9 days (including weekends) vs 2 weeks. We had a lot of test failures due to that.

VoodooNova

None
Just got a call-back from my recruiter. My Final Select letter was generated this Wednesday and it's just waiting to be signed with my OCS date. Soon, this (surprisingly short) purgatory will end.

CAJ0520

Just got a call-back from my recruiter. My Final Select letter was generated this Wednesday and it's just waiting to be signed with my OCS date. Soon, this (surprisingly short) purgatory will end.

My letter was generated a few days after the Pro-Y and its been on that desk ever since. The long part of the wait seems to be waiting for an OCS date.

binoly

Why? You've been ProRec'd-Y (that's the big hurdle), you're penciled into an OCS date/seat, and in no danger of aging out. Your FS will be along shortly!;)
BzB
I on the other hand am worried about aging out. Although fleet processing tells me that I have nothing to worry about. I want to go to OCS ASAP just to make sure that everything happens before May.