• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2014 SWO Rolling Boards

AE2ENSIGN

Today has been interesting. I got the following reply from fleet processing today, "
I am hearing that at the end of July, 2014 there will be a SWO board. Keep in mind it can be moved forward if the board members are waiting on a certain number of OCS applications prior to holding a board. Keep flexible. The board results will be posted to BUPER BOL soon after the board results are returned to Navy Recruiting Command."

I am fully aware and have seen it written on this forum and others several times that fleet processors and NOPO are often on different sheets of music, and that fleet processing will not know when a board is going to convene until NOPO tells them. While I hope and pray that a board would happen "at the end of July, 2014" based on NOPO's most recent post (link below) that is likely not going to be the case. Good luck to everyone. Worse case scenario we will have a board in early October. That is going to be what I will consider the next board and if a board happens to convene before then I will consider it a blessing.
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/national-opo-blog.41711/page-29#post-785895

Hello binoly, I heard back from the Officer Processor the other day. He said that "if the board does not contact you about redoing your medical forms (i.e. because of the 90 days), you don't have to worry about it".

That is also a nice email you got from NRC. I don't know though if they would conduct a SWO board at the end of July, that seems way too early to have one, unless they had a recent huge influx of applications for SWO. I am also in agreement with you that they would most likely have a SWO board in September or October, judging by what NOPO has put out and just peeking at the PROBOARD schedule.

Looking at the precedent SWO boards it "seems" like they hold a SWO board about every 65 to 95 days, again that is just speculating though.

binoly

Today has been interesting. I got the following reply from fleet processing today, "
I am hearing that at the end of July, 2014 there will be a SWO board. Keep in mind it can be moved forward if the board members are waiting on a certain number of OCS applications prior to holding a board. Keep flexible. The board results will be posted to BUPER BOL soon after the board results are returned to Navy Recruiting Command."

I am fully aware and have seen it written on this forum and others several times that fleet processors and NOPO are often on different sheets of music, and that fleet processing will not know when a board is going to convene until NOPO tells them. While I hope and pray that a board would happen "at the end of July, 2014" based on NOPO's most recent post (link below) that is likely not going to be the case. Good luck to everyone. Worse case scenario we will have a board in early October. That is going to be what I will consider the next board and if a board happens to convene before then I will consider it a blessing.
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/national-opo-blog.41711/page-29#post-785895
Hello binoly, I heard back from the Officer Processor the other day. He said that "if the board does not contact you about redoing your medical forms (i.e. because of the 90 days), you don't have to worry about it".

That is also a nice email you got from NRC. I don't know though if they would conduct a SWO board at the end of July, that seems way too early to have one, unless they had a recent huge influx of applications for SWO. I am also in agreement with you that they would most likely have a SWO board in September or October, judging by what NOPO has put out and just peeking at the PROBOARD schedule.

Looking at the precedent SWO boards it "seems" like they hold a SWO board about every 65 to 95 days, again that is just speculating though.

in the link that I posted nopo said that he doesn't see one happening before Oct 1st.

AE2ENSIGN

in the link that I posted nopo said that he doesn't see one happening before Oct 1st.

Okay, I guess we will just have to wait it out then.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Look like I'm going to check into this thread. May as well get to know everyone here since I'm going to try for SWO this time around as well. Hope to get to know everyone a little before the next boards kick off. (Yes I promise to scroll back and catch up on the methodology of SWO boards before asking questions.)

binoly

Look like I'm going to check into this thread. May as well get to know everyone here since I'm going to try for SWO this time around as well. Hope to get to know everyone a little before the next boards kick off. (Yes I promise to scroll back and catch up on the methodology of SWO boards before asking questions.)

None of us in here seem to be really particular on anything so don't worry about asking questions. I must warn you though that this thread is apparently doomed. The last SWO board was June 9th. The next one should be 90-120 days after that which would be sometime between early September and October 9th. Boards in the past have frequently happened prior to that 90-120 day window, and I think that's what the created of this thread was thinking and hoping (just like me). It seems that the next rolling boards won't be until after October 1st. Either way good luck to you.

varlogkern

None of us in here seem to be really particular on anything so don't worry about asking questions. I must warn you though that this thread is apparently doomed. The last SWO board was June 9th. The next one should be 90-120 days after that which would be sometime between early September and October 9th. Boards in the past have frequently happened prior to that 90-120 day window, and I think that's what the created of this thread was thinking and hoping (just like me). It seems that the next rolling boards won't be until after October 1st. Either way good luck to you.
Ahh okay so the SWO boards will likely be meeting in a very similar time frame to the next SNA/SNFO boards. Whoever steps up to the plate and creates the next board thread might want to do what we did last time for the rolling pilot boards. "June, July, August Rolling Board" so that we have a window. I just don't want to be the guy joining in near the end going "when is the next board?" when some simple reading would answer that.

Good luck to you as well!

AE2ENSIGN

Hey Guys,

Yeah, I initially created this thread with the assumption that the next SWO Board would occur in August. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Were looking at a SWO board possibly in September or October. Looks like we all have a lot to bring to the table in terms of going to the board. If you feel like creating a new thread titled for the Rolling boards feel free to do so, otherwise we can just add to this one. ;).

Also, if you take a look at the new CNRC directive PROBOARD FY 14-15 schedule, it appears ("or it seems like to me") that a lot of boards will be conducted during that timeframe of Sept/October for ( i.e. SWO, INTEL, SNA/NFO, EOD, CEC). So, hopefully it will be a great month for a lot of people!

binoly

Ahh okay so the SWO boards will likely be meeting in a very similar time frame to the next SNA/SNFO boards. Whoever steps up to the plate and creates the next board thread might want to do what we did last time for the rolling pilot boards. "June, July, August Rolling Board" so that we have a window. I just don't want to be the guy joining in near the end going "when is the next board?" when some simple reading would answer that.

Good luck to you as well!

No problem. Honestly no one knows. I did get confirmation from NOPO that the SWO/IP (IDC) board will take place on September 15th if you applied for SWO/IP
Hey Guys,

Yeah, I initially created this thread with the assumption that the next SWO Board would occur in August. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Were looking at a SWO board possibly in September or October. Looks like we all have a lot to bring to the table in terms of going to the board. If you feel like creating a new thread titled for the Rolling boards feel free to do so, otherwise we can just add to this one. ;).

Also, if you take a look at the new CNRC directive PROBOARD FY 14-15 schedule, it appears ("or it seems like to me") that a lot of boards will be conducted during that timeframe of Sept/October for ( i.e. SWO, INTEL, SNA/NFO, EOD, CEC). So, hopefully it will be a great month for a lot of people!
Yah I looked at the schedule to confirm the IDC board was still there.
You know, I'm sure it's partly because I want it to be true but I keep reading that post from nopo to Chris on the nopo blog and convince myself that's referring to SNA and that there will be a SWO board before October. Crazy right. Between this and chief results I'm going nuts this year. Maybe Christmas will come twice.

AE2ENSIGN

No problem. Honestly no one knows. I did get confirmation from NOPO that the SWO/IP (IDC) board will take place on September 15th if you applied for SWO/IP

Yah I looked at the schedule to confirm the IDC board was still on for 15SEPT14.
You know, I'm sure it's partly because I want it to be true but I keep reading that post from nopo to Chris on the nopo blog and convince myself that's referring to SNA and that there will be a SWO board before October. Crazy right. Between this and chief results I'm going nuts this year. Maybe Christmas will come twice.

Very True, the IDC Board is still a go for September 15th 2014, which is great news for us. I also applied for INTEL as well, so I'll be at the board as well. I guess we will see what happens. I'm assuming that the IDC Board will be the first board, then SWO will be conducted afterwards.

Is this your first time up? I also noticed you only applied for 2 designators.

exNavyOffRec

Hey Guys,

Like every year those dates change, the schedule is just a guide no more, no less. It is unlike the board schedules that those who have been active duty are used to, those are almost set in stone.

binoly

Very True, the IDC Board is still a go for September 15th 2014, which is great news for us. I also applied for INTEL as well, so I'll be at the board as well. I guess we will see what happens. I'm assuming that the IDC Board will be the first board, then SWO will be conducted afterwards.

Is this your first time up? I also noticed you only applied for 2 designators.

Good luck. Yes I only applied for SWO and SWO/IP. This is my first time applying. Hopefully my only time as I turn 31 in June.

varlogkern

Hey Guys,

No worries, with everything being a rolling board (or at least it feels like) the thread title is a shot in the dark if it happen. Might be better off doing "SWO Board 1 of 2014" but I'm not criticising or anything.

AE2ENSIGN

Like every year those dates change, the schedule is just a guide no more, no less. It is unlike the board schedules that those who have been active duty are used to, those are almost set in stone.

Sir,
yes it is quite different than any other board i've encountered.
it is definetly a new and dynamic experience for me.

AE2ENSIGN

Good luck. Yes I only applied for SWO and SWO/IP. This is my first time applying. Hopefully my only time as I turn 31 in June.
Yeah, I turn 30 in a few months, so i'm cutting it close as well. Hopefully, they continue with their relatively high ascession rate.