• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eat_sleep_fly_guy

Hey guys,

Ok i need your help. Im trying to think of the greatest zap ever to use against a sqd. which will remain nameless. just wondering if anyone has any great zap stories, or ideas. I have access to their sqd board and ready room.

Thx

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
1) what is a zap??

2) are you even in a sqd?? It says you are only 19. Why would you being doing a "zap" (whatever that is) if you are not even in the nav?

Borncreole

zaps are mostly done to thier aircraft. When you are out to sea if a visiting aircraft lands on your deck or you are in port and you are sneaky enough you "zap" the other aircraft by getting on to thier ship without being noticed. We did this all the time. We would even zap the pilots and aircrewman with squadron stickers, placing them on thier helmets, back ext... the majority is done on the aircraft. a sticker will not get you in to much trouble and is pretty funny. We did however get into a dull with another squadron that escaltated in to us painting our squadron logo on thier aircraft...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Anyone who visits Bahrain will probably see a "The Duece is Loose" zap. It's rather notorious here, but it was one of our dets that was over there right before the war. Apparently it's pretty famous.

Otherwise, my only good zap story was from a couple of weeks ago. We just had gotten new "community" patches and zaps that a guy here designed. I think it only too one day, and one of the ships had been zapped one night during DLQs. Right smack dab in the middle of the LSO shack window. Was kind of funny to see how quickly they spread.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
During Enduring Freedom, I trapped onboard the TR and spent the night (my det was attached to the Carl Vinson). Next morning during pre-flight, I had zappers all over the damn plane. Our maint guys weren't happy.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the late 80s there was a big international airshow in San Diego at Brown Field. My reserve squadron decided to take the afternoon off and call it "training" and went out to the airshow. The Soviet's (remember them, the evil empire?)had a couple planes there including an AN-125, the world's largest aircraft. I climbed up into the wheel well and zapped it with a squadron zapper. I'll always wonder what the look was like on the face of the ruskie zoomie who found it back in 'ol mother Russia.

Borncreole

In the helo world, in the gulf, the most notorious squadron to be zapped by is the "desert duck" they are stationed out there in the gulf. They bring the mail and other stuff to the small ships....well if you get on thier bad side and zap them they have THE ultimate zap. After chocks are pulled, no one can enter the rotor arc, then thier crewman hops out with a yellow bucket of paint and two large duck feet on poles (about 2ft long feet) and stamps duck feet on the flight deck. We had the paint on the deck for the rest of cruise, we painted over it but it just bleed back through....

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
We zapped the CO of the Constellation in '99, while shaking his hand and "patting" him on the back.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We were at an airshow party and we decided to 'zap' all the ladies rear ends with miniture zappers...when we were discovered we had other ladies coming and asking for a zapper or two...fun night!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile_wink.gif

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a Marine Hornet squadron in Japan (I dunno which one, their patch has a bat on it) who put zaps on every damn base in that country. It's an actual picture of one of their pilots. It says "I'm the Yeti, I smell bad" or something. I remember puking in the kadena o'club in a stall covered in those damn things.

Status
Not open for further replies.