• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yup, I'm a dork.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Damn few guys who were flying in Gulf War one are still at the squadron level, maybe the CO but that is about it unless it is a wing or group CO.

Right, CO or XO. Our CO and XO were both in the Gulf War. But in that case, it would make sense for them to be on a fighter base.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Fly Navy said:
Right, CO or XO. Our CO and XO were both in the Gulf War. But in that case, it would make sense for them to be on a fighter base.

Only two Navy MIG killers in the Gulf War, with one of them being CAG on the Connie during its last cruise as I recall. Not sure about the other but I suppose it's possible (CO thing at this time). I certainly agree, only an actual Mig killer should have that license plate.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I concur on the 2 navy mig killers. Not sure what happened to Mongillo, I didnt know Fox was a CAG though, very cool...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JoshDavid said:
I concur on the 2 navy mig killers. Not sure what happened to Mongillo, I didnt know Fox was a CAG though, very cool...

I saw him last year in Fallon (he was staff), he was a PXO for a VFA suqadron. I imagine he is there now.

Fox was on the RDML select list a little while back.

As for MiG killer, there are a whole lot of retired or former military around here in DC and it would not suprise me if a Gulf War F-15 driver or someone who got a Serbian MiG-29 is doing the contractor thing. Vietnam would be a little old but there are a few of those guys still around too. After a briefing I attended once one of the old hands I was sitting near started talking to his buddy about how it reminded him of his time in the Phoenix program :eek: (for those who need a little history lesson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program)

If he is just a poser, well that is just wrong...... :(