• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your favorite local Mod lookin' creepy

MasterBates

Guns are the answer...

To the question of "what should I do with my department head bonus?"

(and yes, it's scary, but true. I'm on the bonus now, just waiting for the 1st check)

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
That thing shoots a 7.62x54mm right?

Fly Navy had one that shot the above round. That thing really hurt after a dozen shots.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That thing shoots a 7.62x54mm right?

Fly Navy had one that shot the above round. That thing really hurt after a dozen shots.
Yep. I have one too, and bought a recoil pad for it. I've found it's fine without one in winter, when you're wearing a jacket. Go to the range in midsummer wearing a t-shirt and YOW. One box of ammo is my limit with that thing.

Also, whoever said Windex was fine for corrosive primers is full of it. Be warned. I swiped mine out with a few patches of windex once (no ammonia handy) and went to clean it the next morning. Hello red bore. ARGH!

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Yep. I have one too, and bought a recoil pad for it. I've found it's fine without one in winter, when you're wearing a jacket. Go to the range in midsummer wearing a t-shirt and YOW. One box of ammo is my limit with that thing.

Also, whoever said Windex was fine for corrosive primers is full of it. Be warned. I swiped mine out with a few patches of windex once (no ammonia handy) and went to clean it the next morning. Hello red bore. ARGH!

Yeah, I went through a dozen rounds just wearing a t-shirt and called it quits. Ouch.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
He looks all set if Florida ever declares open season on Manatees.:D
That's why he has his latest gun purchase mounted in the bed of his pickup....

whaling_harpoon.jpg