• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

You know you're lineshack if...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Got this from an E gal pal of mine

You've ever stood in jet exhaust to get warm...

You've ever taken a nap between stabs...

You've ever washed your hands with Turko (how is that actually spelled??)...

You can identify at least 3 toxic chemicals (JP-5, hyd fluid, 23699) by smell, sight, &/or texture...

You know & appreciate the many uses for cheese cloth...

You've ever done the Speedy-dry shuffle...

You see the numbers 1, 2, or 3 & automatically associate them with launching...

You've ever crossed your fingers & chanted "hot brakes hot brakes hot brakes"...

You've ever taken a nap in an intake...

You can sleep through jet noise but the heat coming on in your room wakes you up...

Eating in the galley is a treat...

You've ever fought over the "good" cranial...

The words "compass rose" make you shudder...

You dream about "going to your shop"...

You worry about herpes from a whistle...

You've ever peeled an orange & left black marks on it from your hand...

You can chain a jet in under 3 minutes...

You think 8 hours is an early day...

You've ever done donuts on a tractor...

You've ever dreamt about pushing someone into a running intake but won't because you have to clean it...

But you know you still love your job!!

think about it...
your parents didn't trust you with their car but the government trusts you with multi-million dollar aircraft...silly government...

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
If you have ever fallen asleep on top of Number 5 blade while de-greasing a rotor head.

If the Line Chief has ever woken you up because you greased the rotor head a little too well.

If you hear "hot fuel and swap" and say "Thank God" because the flightline at JAX is 120 degrees.

If the CO2 extingusher next to you has popped it's rupture disk.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
You have loaded ski equipment in the Blivits and birdcage.

You took an "active interest" in the female aircrew unpinning thier seats. ;)

You would get slightly depressed that there was an empty seat in ECMO 3 and you weren't in it. :(

brownshoe

Contributor
You've ever done donuts on a tractor...

I tried, with an NC5 too… Couldn’t though, daggone governors… But… I once drove a mule from Cecil Field to NAS JAX, to pick up an A4 from our squadron that had landed there with problems the night before.

Off we went, me driving the mule, a navy pickup in the rear. Out the gate, right on 103 to 17, then right on 17 down to JAX. Got to JAX, got to the flight line, hooked up, and through the base and out the gate we went, wing walkers and all. We turned right on 17 out of the gate, down the main drag and left on 103 all the way to Cecil. I don’t remember how long the trip took, but it was a loooong time. You know, back in those days, I don’t even think the sandcrabs gave a second look. The guards at JAX however were flabbergasted when we went through the gate, as was the guard at Cecil when we arrived with an A4 in tow. Hey, it was all in a days work for an AO3 working in the GSE shack on the line. I just thought… Okay… Hey, what’s next!???

Steve

Rossi

I tried, with an NC5 too… Couldn’t though, daggone governors… But… I once drove a mule from Cecil Field to NAS JAX, to pick up an A4 from our squadron that had landed there with problems the night before.

Off we went, me driving the mule, a navy pickup in the rear. Out the gate, right on 103 to 17, then right on 17 down to JAX. Got to JAX, got to the flight line, hooked up, and through the base and out the gate we went, wing walkers and all. We turned right on 17 out of the gate, down the main drag and left on 103 all the way to Cecil. I don’t remember how long the trip took, but it was a loooong time. You know, back in those days, I don’t even think the sandcrabs gave a second look. The guards at JAX however were flabbergasted when we went through the gate, as was the guard at Cecil when we arrived with an A4 in tow. Hey, it was all in a days work for an AO3 working in the GSE shack on the line. I just thought… Okay… Hey, what’s next!???

Steve

Awsome! I wish i could see something like that.

phrogpilot73

If you've ever gotten your ass chewed for driving a tug drunk while your buddy was "Teen Wolf" surfing on it... (no, it wasn't me!)