• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yikes?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I should have been more direct...Who the hell uses the hectare?!:icon_smil

Most all of the world uses the metric system. Hectare is a unit in the metric system. Metric is near universal usage in the scientific community.

Remember? Our Government was going to force us to learn the metric system. Part of the New World Order. Was a very big deal in the mid 90's. Guess it was decided we could not learn.

And, somewhere deep in the recesses of the Government storehouses are thousands and thousands of reams of paper sized to the metric system, stored in preparation for the changeover. No more 81/2 x 11" paper, A6 (metric), as I recall, in it's place.:eek::eek:

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Most all of the world uses the metric system. Hectare is a unit in the metric system. Metric is near universal usage in the scientific community.

Remember? Our Government was going to force us to learn the metric system. Part of the New World Order. Was a very big deal in the mid 90's. Guess it was decided we could not learn.

And, somewhere deep in the recesses of the Government storehouses are thousands and thousands of reams of paper sized to the metric system, stored in preparation for the changeover. No more 81/2 x 11" paper, A6 (metric), as I recall, in it's place.:eek::eek:

I was told it was Reagan killed US metric. Maybe not.

There is a whole slew (slough?) of topographic and geologic maps that were produced in scales that were more metric friendly for the eventual turnover. Translating between the two scale-sets SUCKS.

brownshoe

Contributor

Actually, I believe it goes back a bit further. I can remember traffic signs on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway in the 70’s with metric measurements between exits.

I use both in my profession, and the metric system makes the most sense to me. No more tenths, hundredths and so forth.

Steve