• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another question....plea.

XeroCool

I haven't decided where the best place to put so Ill probably put this in a few sections of the fourm. I recently took the ASTB and scored 7/7/8 57, which the Marines told me was going to cause the Captain to salivate. Although I have noticed that is not nearly as impressive as I was led to believe. So now I am left with a score that is somewhat lacking and I must now wait. I must now train my ass off so that I might be able to get my PT score decent enough to allow myself to go to OCC. I however, feel that I am wasting my time just doing PT, is there anything that I can get to studying for Flight school,OCC,API,TBS so that I might be able to make sure my **** don't stink and insure my success? Is there any other advice any can give me or anyone else in my situtation?

phrogpilot73

XeroCool said:
I haven't decided where the best place to put so Ill probably put this in a few sections of the fourm. I recently took the ASTB and scored 7/7/8 57, which the Marines told me was going to cause the Captain to salivate. Although I have noticed that is not nearly as impressive as I was led to believe. So now I am left with a score that is somewhat lacking and I must now wait. I must now train my ass off so that I might be able to get my PT score decent enough to allow myself to go to OCC. I however, feel that I am wasting my time just doing PT, is there anything that I can get to studying for Flight school,OCC,API,TBS so that I might be able to make sure my **** don't stink and insure my success? Is there any other advice any can give me or anyone else in my situtation?

Worry about one day at a time. When you get your slot for OCS, get with a Marine, study basic Marine Corps stuff. Then worry about TBS. DON'T worry about flight school now, because you could poke your eye with a stick during OCS/TBS or even get the NAMI-WHAMMY before starting. Focus on being a Marine first.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I think the only thing that you need to be doing right at this point is the next step. Get all the stuff thats needed for the application process. If all thats left to do is PT, then PT the hell out of yourself everyday to make it as good as it can be. While its important to focus on the future, studying beyond OCS when you're not even there yet isnt really a good idea (I didnt mean that in a bad way or anything). Some of the things to start working on is the stuff you need to have memorized. Learn all the ranks, officer and enlisted. Learn the general orders of a sentry. Look at the 14 leadership traits (JJ DID TIE BUCKLE) and that kind of stuff. Your OSO should be able to give you this info if you can't find it else where. One guy who just came back from OCS said that it would also be helpful to learn about the 5-paragraph order. Learn the phonetic alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.)

Maybe someone else "further along" then myself can also comment on this. But I think that for now, don't spend any time studying for stuff beyond OCS.

Peace.

nugget81

pilot
XeroCool said:
I recently took the ASTB and scored 7/7/8 57, which ... I have noticed that is not nearly as impressive as I was led to believe... Is there any other advice any can give me or anyone else in my situtation?
Those scores are nothing to be worried about. I had 8/8/8 56. Also, waiting is a big part of it all. You'll have to learn to love the "hurry up and wait" lifestyle...

XeroCool

Yeah, I figured ill have to be waiting. I just wish there was something that I could do to keep myself busy. THanks for the advise everyone.

wardo

WARDO
Study uniform regs. I'm in the BDCP application process now, but I was prior enlisted for 6 years. You better know how to dress or the will destroy you in OCS. Like Slammer2 said, orders of the sentry are good, they will ask you those out of the blue during PI inspections. There is enough to study for OCS, you would be surprised. Don't forget to run like someone's chasing you - soon enough someone will be.