• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yeah, trim IS kinda important

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Since it was a light twin, and even some nicer singles have autopilot, I'd assume it was autopilot instead of trim.

Still a hell of a nice job, though.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Can you imagine telling the grand kids that story? Trim or autopilot, either way that may be one of the more amaizing things I've ever heard of a pilot doing with an airplane.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious if the pilot had a chute, or was he just hedging a bet that he wouldn't fall out?

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
"The pilot, a former soldier, has asked not to be named, saying he was 'only doing his job.'"

hell yeah.

+1 to that!

And how is it that every joe schmoe will have the video of a dog doing backflips on a bed, but when something truly awesome happens, no one gets it on tape?

edit: I also wanted to point out that the use of the word "trim" was kind of misleading.... to me anyways

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
And how is it that every joe schmoe will have the video of a dog doing backflips on a bed, but when something truly awesome happens, no one gets it on tape?

Video from the ground of this would be pretty useless. All you would likely see is the jumper opening a reserve. Now, if he had a helmet cam, that would have been one hell of a video.