• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

XFER to ANG ??

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
The squadron I am joining is slated to go from Herc's to MC-12's in a few years based on the newest BRAC, their Herc's are supposed to go to Montana where a -15 squadron will transition, IF it happens.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Unless I am mistaken, the last BRAC round was 2005 with the final moves being completed this FY. There hasn't been another BRAC round scheduled, but the last commission recommended one in 2015 and then every 8 years thereafter.

Just the word around town so perhaps I should have prefaced it with that, unless this wasn't directed at my post, in that case, as I was :)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Just the word around town so perhaps I should have prefaced it with that, unless this wasn't directed at my post, in that case, as I was :)

No worries, I just saw a couple posts about BRAC and thought I was add what I had seen/read.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
...There hasn't been another BRAC round scheduled, but the last commission recommended one in 2015 and then every 8 years thereafter.
Maybe sooner...
http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20120127/DEPARTMENTS01/201270301/
It's still just a request at this stage, but DoD/CHINFO has already put out PA guidance to staffs on the subject and believe me, there is lots of work afoot both for and against. Back to my original point, if you're considering a jump to AFRC/ANG, be ready for anything.

AFCCT

Has anyone heard about the possibilities of transferring to the ANG before your initial commitment is up?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With all these ANG units transitioning from F-15/F-16 to UAS, who is picking up the slack in terms of intercepts/national defense/whatever it's called?

There were quite a few F-15/F-16 ANG units that never did the air sovereignty mission or did it as a 'collateral' duty and not a primary one. They still have plenty of folks who can do the mission.

guim13

Im switching to the ANG from USMC, but I was attrited after phase 2 from Vance for low nss. I know my old mentor was a 46 guy who ended up getting c-5s out of Travis.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Im switching to the ANG from USMC, but I was attrited after phase 2 from Vance for low nss. I know my old mentor was a 46 guy who ended up getting c-5s out of Travis.

Wait- so you attrited from flight school and still were picked up by a Guard unit? To fly? I was under the impression that once you either DORed or were attrited from a military flight school you couldn't get picked up by another service to go...