• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

X-C flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
I'm just curious, but what are the restrictions for choosing fields on XC flights during training.

Do they have to be military bases or is it simply field length / noise abatement restrictions?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Texan said:
I'm just curious, but what are the restrictions for choosing fields on XC flights during training.

Do they have to be military bases or is it simply field length / noise abatement restrictions?

As far as I know, here at Meridian, you just need 5000 feet of runway and contract fuel.

I believe NATOPS states for tactical aircraft, military fields must be used.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Depends on what you fly. I can go into anywhere with contract fuel for gas. to leave the bird over night requires a Mil field or an International Airport (better security)
For flight school bird see above

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
In the training command, they just have to have contract gas, not a training command, it comes down to OPNAV, SQD, WING and other regs.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Texan said:

Those requirements are usually spelled out in your T/M/S SOP.

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not ALWAYS a mil field or INTL airport, the primary issue is security, and if some po-dunk field has whatever/whoever considers an adequate force, you can park there.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
well, what we got in TW-2 is this:

-6000' of rnwy
-military/joint-use airfield (with a few exceptions, 4 to be exact)

we were able to land at civilian airfields until we had an "incident" at one a year ago

things have changed alot down here in the last year with the new commodore

Status
Not open for further replies.