• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WWII P-40/51 Pilot Website

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I happened to find this website about a mans father flying in China during WWII. He has a bunch of stuff on there, including copies of his father's flight log, which includes the three times his father bailed out. I especially liked the photo in his log book, pretty funny :)

http://genemcguire.com/index.htm

brownshoe

Contributor
Good find! Interesting read.

I especially liked this memo (found in one of the photo links).:D

Steve

Attachments

• PXnotice.jpg
    PXnotice.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 140

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
logcap2.jpg

logcap.jpg

A true badass. Nice find Spy.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Oh, I found it ironic that if you look at the guy who created his website, his nickname is 'skeeter.' He also has this quote on the front of the page "It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them."
- Mark Twain

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Just a bump for the website, the thread title has been changed to entice those that may not have otherwise checked it out.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Gotta admit, the guy had a pretty impressive promotion schedule......cadet to major in 3 years :eek:

Yankee Uniform Tango
Gotta admit, the guy had a pretty impressive promotion schedule......cadet to major in 3 years :eek:

Indeed. Rapid promotion was fairly common during WW2 due to the sudden military expansion and later, attrition. One dramatic example would be Eisenhower who was still 'just' a Colonel in October 1941!

sickboy

pilot
Indeed. Rapid promotion was fairly common during WW2 due to the sudden military expansion and later, attrition. One dramatic example would be Eisenhower who was still 'just' a Colonel in October 1941!

In 1940 my Grandfather was a PO2, by 1943 he was an LCDR. Finished the war as a CDR, by 1946 he was a PO2 again.