• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF? Why?

taxi1

pilot
Probably stuff like this...
We are treated like wild animals . . . like we are inhuman. . . . The word Negro is never used here, all they call us are nigger do this, nigger that. Even the officers here are calling us nigger.
—Anonymous black soldiers, Jackson (Mississippi) Air Base, 1942
...Later, at his stop, Robinson and the driver continued to argue, joined by the latter's bus dispatcher, Beverly Younger, who casually referred to Robinson in his presence as "a nigger." When military policemen arrived at the scene, a crowd of indignant whites, both civilian and military, had formed, adding to turmoil and confusion. The MPs on site, none of whom outranked the lieutenant, asked him to go with them to the police headquarters to straighten out the situation. He agreed to do so. However, when they arrived at the station to meet with the camp's assistant provost marshal, a white MP ran up to the vehicle and excitedly inquired if they had "the nigger lieutenant" with them.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Website warns the documents are “harmful.”

Guy “harmed” by those documents:
rapone-idiot.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Maybe they need to add a trigger warning to those so easily offended by a tiny disclaimer that they need to vent about it on the internets?

Also: NARA replied by clarifying that the warning was not meant to demarcate any particular document in the catalog and that it was a blanket warning for all records kept by the office.
Of course you see nothing wrong with it. You're one of the woke.

Even if this were true (which @Spekkio 's post shows otherwise), the optics and message sent are terrible.

Mos

None
When I clicked the link provided by @taxi1, I had no banner that the post might contain harmful or offensive language. So clearly this is specific to paritcular pages.
This shouldn't have to be explained to college educated people, but the banner is a standard element of the NA catalog, which functions as a viewer of NA database content and links to other NA site pages outside of the catalog. You're seeing the banner in Hal's screen grabs of the founding documents above because it's just the catalog viewing those documents. You're not seeing the banner in the Jim Crow article, because that page is outside of the catalog.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You're not seeing the banner in the Jim Crow article, because that page is outside of the catalog.
This shouldn't have to be asked to college educated people, but did you bother to read the post I actually responded to?

Mos

None
This shouldn't have to be asked to college educated people, but did you bother to read the post I actually responded to?
Which post? You posted three times in response to members in this thread (not counting your response to mine), and quoted only Sonog.

Sonog is essentially correct that it's tied to the catalog.

Your response to Sonog stated that you think the banner is specific to particular pages. It is not. As far as I can determine, it displays throughout the domain catalog.archives.gov. It's in a different part of the the catalog's document object model from the script that handles the search and display of NA catalog results. It'll display in the catalog regardless of what search result is viewed.

The article taxi posted is in a different part of the NA site. It can be found by searching the catalog, but does not display in the catalog; instead the catalog provides a link to the page (you can see this demonstrated here, it's the third result: https://catalog.archives.gov/search?q=Jim Crow, Meet Lieutenant Robinson).