• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The Video

The Article

But he was far from finished. Han pulled up a two-dimensional keyboard that floated slowly across the screen. "There is no reason in this day and age that we should be conforming to a physical device," he said. "These interfaces should start conforming to us." He tapped the screen to produce dozens of fuzzy white balls, which bounced around a playing field he defined with a wave of the hand. A flick of a finger pulled down a mountainous landscape derived from satellite data, and Han began flying through it, using his fingertips to swoop down from a global perspective to a continental one, until finally he was zipping through narrow slot canyons like someone on an Xbox. He rotated his hands like a clock's, tilting the entire field of view on its axis--an F16 in a barrel roll. He ended his nine-minute presentation by drawing a puppet, which he made dance with two fingers.

Frickin' incredible...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I saw a demonstration of that and the only thing I didn't like about it was the keyboard on the screen. I'm sure he's worked out the details on using it but with the screen being vertical, typing would just be awkward and uncomfortable in the long run.

That said, I would totally have that in my living room just so I could play with it all day long.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats the first thing that came to my mind too ... and the words "holy shit"

Some of that stuff is being incorporated into the IPhone, like using a pinching or spreading motion of the fingers to zoom in and out. Pretty nifty.

Brett

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
OMG HAX!

I've seen some cool stuff in my day, but damn...An exciting time to live in for geeks like me, eh?

Lonestar155

is good to go
Would not be suprised if that sort of technology is incorporated in the JSF. Good video, but I can see many problems for the consumers. I could only move my arms like that in the air for no more than 5 minutes without having to take a break.