• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I've been med down for the last three months or so with a busted leg. It's pretty well healed now, but my orthopedic surgeon doesn't want me running or jumping yet, so I'm taking it easy. Well, I was anyway (keep reading).

Needless to say, I've had a heck of a lot of down time on my hands. I found this website (CrossFit) based on something phrogpilot mentioned and got pretty interested in it. I finally did my very first Workout of the Day (WOD) tonight, and not even a full one since I had to remove a few impact exercises, and it totally kicked my @ss. It was truly unreal. I puked my socks off afterwards, and I was not pushing hard at all since I knew that's a common occurrence. As long as I didn't pull every muscle in my back, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've got in store for us tomorrow.

I think I've been pretty well converted from here on out. If any of you are interested in really getting in exceptionally good, highly functional shape, at least check these guys out. The workouts are unlike anything most of us have ever done, unless you happened to be in gymnastics, track and field, swimming, crew, and Olympic weight lifting while growing up.

I'll also just mention up front that CrossFit hasn't gotten a terribly good reputation in the media recently, due to some guys pushing themselves too hard and getting rhabdomyolysis. However, a writer for the L.A. Times actually did CrossFit for two months and said he got in the best shape of his life following their regimen.

And no, I'm not being paid by these guys or anything. I just really feel like spreading the word.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Yeah, my back was kinda cramping up last night when I got home (one of the symptoms the Army Ranger had before going to the hospital for rhabdo) and I was actually nervous to take a leak, though it turned out I had no reason to be.