• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
Mmmm, Camp Blanding. Brings back some memories. Did you know that they taped the "Boot Camp" reality show there?

Brett

You know what they are taping out at Hollowman AFB? Thats right folks, the Transformers Movie. My friend does Ground Comms out there and they called the shop trying for some stuff they needed. Apparently his NCOIC said he'd work with them but he had to be in the movie, and he had to get killed.... by Starscream specifically.

This mini-OCS sounds like it would have been fun. To bad we dont have anything like that up here that Im aware of.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Lawman said:
This mini-OCS sounds like it would have been fun. To bad we dont have anything like that up here that Im aware of.

There's OCS prep weekends up here Lawman. At least 9th district does. I went to Camp Atterbury (S. Illinois) a few years ago, and I believe they're running them in Wisconson this year. I know candidates from the office are going in a week or so.

Carno

Insane
Yeah, this year's mini OCS was definitely good to go. Lots of good stuff, although I have to say I liked it more not being a candidate this year :p

It's really a good prep for OCS though; I know I took a lot away from it when I went last year.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
for those of you wondering what the schedule for one of these is like attached is what our schedule will be comprised of.

Attachments

• Schedule 2006_primary.xls
    22 KB · Views: 41

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
Not absolutely sure about this one, but I think it was Gy.Sgt.Bothwell that I remember yelling "Ten thousand maniacs! I'd rather be raped by ten thousand maniacs than follow you into combat! TEN THOUSAND MANIACS!"

heheh, not sure if that's exactly how it went or that it was definitely him, it was directed at a kid in another platoon in my company one morning at PT, but for the rest of OCS and even today hearing the phrase "ten thousand maniacs" gets me laughing

reapergm

Wow, I cant believe there is a post about Gy Sgt Bothwell. He was one of my SI's in 187! He was the best man! Yeah, I can see how he'd be scary to another platoon, but he loved our platoon! As long as you didnt hear, "Boy.. you done messed up my drill... and you know I loves my drill"... you were good to go! (Either that or if your nickname was "Turcini") He was cool as hell. I saw him afterwards back in TBS at the mainside gym. He was a laid back guy. He remembered everyone and wanted all the gossip. WO Summers was much worse for us! He laid the hammer down. But the worst was SSgt Wright... I had chill when I heard him coming.