• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wow!! I'm done with OAR..hopefully!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT1toOfficer

Class 0606!!! New Ensigns!!! (as of Jan27th)
Just got done with the OAR test and it was very different then I thought it would be. I don’t know how to feel about it because these kinds of tests are hard to judge.

Started off with the Math section (which was 30 questions in 25 min) and for the most part I breezed right through it. There were 3 that I wasn’t sure about and I came back to them after I finished all the problems. I’m not sure if I got those three correct, but let’s hope so. If I had to guess how many I got wrong I’d say around 5 for the entire math, but you never know with this kind of test, I could have missed more then I’m thinking.

Then I did the Reading comprehension and that was easy (27 questions in 25 min). There were only 3 or 4 that I had to read a couple of times and actually sit there and think which one was the best choice. But who knows my interpretation could be wrong. Hope not!!  If I had to guess what I got right I would say 22 right out of 27. Just to be safe.

Then I proceeded to do the Mechanics section which to me was the hardest section because I had 15min to do 30 questions. I barely finished this section, but there were 5 questions that I had no clue how to solve and I took a guess on them. Then there was 3-5 questions that I knew how to solve, but doubted myself. I went with my gut but have a bad feeling. If I don’t do well then it probably would be because of this section. If I had to guess I would say I got at least 20/30 correct but I’m leaning to at least 22/30.

I’m just estimating on what I got right but I can see myself doing real good on it or possibly not as good as I planned but the bottom line is that if it wasn’t for the time restraints I would of killed this test. This test wasn’t hard; it was just made difficult at various times because of the lack of time.

The Gauge, the Arco books and all the study material was dead on!!! I mean, it gives you for the most part all the tools you need. There were only a couple questions that I didn’t know how to do. Thanks to everyone, but if I don’t get a great score I won’t be afraid to take it again. But if I get over a 45 I’ll submit no matter what and make them tell me to resubmit with a different OAR score. I’m praying for a 50 or above (ok maybe praying for in the 60’s), for all those who pray keep me in your thoughts!! 

I just wish I knew how much each question weighed. It would calm me down and I’d not be so nervous.

Thanks for all your help.

IT1(SW)

Intruder

Glutton for Punishment
Godspeed there.

I know all to well about that mechanical comp portion, its a tricky one. Bottom line you just got to know that stuff like the back of your hand I guess.

Wish you the best and hope you make it.

Smallz

I am sure you did well; and if not, then you know what you have to do in order to raise your grade. I take my test tomorrow, and I feel really good about it. I have been studying for 2 weeks now, really hard too! I am hoping to get about a 48. Hang in there man, I am sure you did well. I am guessing you took it on paper? I am surpised that you said the question are dead on the only in the gouge.

Smallz

I just wanted to let everyone know that I took the ASTB today and recieved 2 AQR, OAR 46. This sight helped a lot, and the gouge on here is great. I plan on retaking it for the thrid and final time in ninety days. THANKS! Any suggestions to raise the AQR?

Status
Not open for further replies.