• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

would being a sea cadet officer help

originalbigjim

i was approached this summer and asked if i would come volunteer and be a sea cadet officer, at the time i had a hectic schedule so i dismissed it. My life has calmed down a little and now i think i have the time.
Do you guys think this would be a good move in trying to get a commision in either sta-21 or ocs?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
It would help in a couple ways:

1. Its community service.

2. Its a leadership position.

Both are pluses to have on an application.

LoneSailor

I can only speak for STA-21, but yes it would be(somewhat). Any type of leadership/mentorship position in extra-curricular activities would be factored in the end. You should know that the STA-21 board factors in everything with the whole-person concept in mind -- in some cases Sailors in A-school who have little to no oppurtunity of holding a leadership position and have no experience in leadership are accepted into the program. In these cases, Sailors have outstanding academic backgrounds and needs of the Navy is also a factor, depending on what community they apply for.

So if you're looking to improve your chances for STA-21, you should consider off-duty college courses and study hard for your SAT/ACT/ASTB and try to achieve good scores. And in the mean time don't forget about getting that kick-ass eval.