• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Would a Civilian Aircraft Be Allowed to Land on a Carrier During an Emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Long story short is no. The amount of time it would take to ready the deck would be too long if the aircraft had an emergency in progress.
If the carrier was at flight quarters, I would highly doubt that the Commanding Officer would risk the lives of his flight deck crew allowing some civilian to land on the deck. Not to mention the possibility of damaging numerous multiple-million dollar aircraft.

While I'll caveat my answer with, " never, say never" and it has happened once before, I highly doubt it would happen again.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Not a big airplane; maybe more like a Cessna with an engine failure flying over the ocean. Just curious. : )

The smarter move would be to ditch within sight of the carrier and wait for rescue. I'm sure the CO wouldn't like to have someone crash a Cessna into his ship, putting the pilot of the airplane and the members of his crew at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.