• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Working my way to become a NAVY Officer

Senorpatio

pilot
Hello my name is Brian and currently I'm doing all the tasks to become a NAVY Officer, especially a Electrical Engineer in NAVY Civil Engineer Corps. Currently I'm studying for the AOR exam, I have all the other requirements (Graduated in Electrical Engineering Bachelor, 3.25 GPA, good health, 29 Years Old, etc...) Still I need to study for the AOR and prepare for basic training. I currently go daily to the GYM but I not know how numbers I need to meet (Push ups count, minutes per mile, etc..) there is some place to know the physical requirements? BTW AOR exam is only 3 parts right? Math, Mechanical and Reading?

Thanks,
Brian Soto

http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/30-34.html

The link contains fitness scores needed for a 30-34 male. You should shoot for good-medium or good-high at a minimum. So you'd need to be able to do 60 sit-ups in 2 mins, 50 pushups in 2 mins, and run 1.5 miles in 13 mins. I would recommend to limit your weightlifting in the gym and focus on calisthenics and cardio. Lifting heavy weights won't help to prepare you much for OCS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello my name is Brian and currently I'm doing all the tasks to become a NAVY Officer, especially a Electrical Engineer in NAVY Civil Engineer Corps. Currently I'm studying for the AOR exam, I have all the other requirements (Graduated in Electrical Engineering Bachelor, 3.25 GPA, good health, 29 Years Old, etc...) Still I need to study for the AOR and prepare for basic training. I currently go daily to the GYM but I not know how numbers I need to meet (Push ups count, minutes per mile, etc..) there is some place to know the physical requirements? BTW AOR exam is only 3 parts right? Math, Mechanical and Reading?

Thanks,
Brian Soto

Welcome. Take the time by doing the "homework" by searching the forums, asking your recruiter the questions, and straight up using the internets for help.

You're more likely to get helped here on AWs and the Navy period if you take the initiative, do the research, and THEN ask questions when in doubt/need help.

Good luck!

briansoto

Thanks guys. I was reading in the forum and I am a little confused. I know now that CEC is difficult to enter still Navy told me that I can be elegible by email a couple of weeks before. I know now that is a selection board so I really don't know if I qualify for CEC. My recruiter tell to me that probably I qualify because he have the requirements book and I have all the things. I want a second opinion because things like EIT not is required but in this forum people saying that is required and I will take the exam in a couple of months but still I know it will be hard. My GPA is 3.25 and yesterday I took my OAR and was 50, my recruiter told me that it is competitive. My recruiter not asked to me where I make my practical experience but it was in the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority. Like I said, right now I'm a electrical teacher in a high school (because is hard looking here for a engineering job, almost all places look for EIT or PE only and there are very little jobs for electrical engineers) so I really don't know if I qualify without a EIT. So the practical experience helps in the selection for CEC? I need EIT for CEC? My recruiter told me that I can take the FE inside the Navy to get the EIT too and also that I can get a master degree inside the Navy. I need to pay more attention to my recruiter than internet? Also he told me I need to lose like 10 ponds and start running 3 miles to get in shape but really that is extremely easy, taking the EIT is the difficult part.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks guys. I was reading in the forum and I am a little confused. I know now that CEC is difficult to enter still Navy told me that I can be elegible by email a couple of weeks before. I know now that is a selection board so I really don't know if I qualify for CEC. My recruiter tell to me that probably I qualify because he have the requirements book and I have all the things. I want a second opinion because things like EIT not is required but in this forum people saying that is required and I will take the exam in a couple of months but still I know it will be hard. My GPA is 3.25 and yesterday I took my OAR and was 50, my recruiter told me that it is competitive. My recruiter not asked to me where I make my practical experience but it was in the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority. Like I said, right now I'm a electrical teacher in a high school (because is hard looking here for a engineering job, almost all places look for EIT or PE only and there are very little jobs for electrical engineers) so I really don't know if I qualify without a EIT. So the practical experience helps in the selection for CEC? I need EIT for CEC? My recruiter told me that I can take the FE inside the Navy to get the EIT too and also that I can get a master degree inside the Navy. I need to pay more attention to my recruiter than internet? Also he told me I need to lose like 10 ponds and start running 3 miles to get in shape but really that is extremely easy, taking the EIT is the difficult part.

I have known several CEC board members, if you have graduated and don't have an EIT don't submit until you have it.

donte9235

The FE exam is nothing to stress about. They no longer give you an equation book that you need to know how to navigate, you get a searchable pdf. Get good on algebra, geometry, and using CTRL+F. It's made to be passed.

https://www.navfac.navy.mil/jobs/st.../eligibility-and-the-collegiate-program0.html

So having passed the FE isn't technically required for application, but it is listed under "competitive candidate" which it looks like you will/would be if you get it. If there is not anything stopping you from taking it, and you believe that you have studied the topics recently enough to pass, I would recommend taking it as soon as possible. There are a lot of free study materials from the administrator as well as online (Youtube). You get your results pretty quickly as well (7-10 days). I was going to note that you don't have to have it for admittance into the collegiate program, but you are already done with school from what I see. Good luck!