• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Work out routines

pensfan341

I am looking for someone to share some work out routines with me.

I am in generally good shape (i am a, now ex, college soccer player) but have never really followed through on a serious lifting schedule.

I'm looking to get ready for PRT at OCS so any suggestions are welcome. I'd like to incorporate swimming in too.

Thanks

ryan1234

Probably a good routine for the ANG...

Ha:D - no seriously they have this waist measurement thing now.. where if you rock the run, sit-ups, push-ups.. but don't make the waist measurement... adios from AMS. It's 20% of your score and it doesn't take into account height.

Even if you're 50 years old, 6'5'', if you're not under a 39'' maximum waist (actual measurement, not the pant size) you'll fail - even if you were perfect on the run, etc.

So lately it's been the Salad and Oatmeal diet...

magnetfreezer

Ha:D - no seriously they have this waist measurement thing now.. where if you rock the run, sit-ups, push-ups.. but don't make the waist measurement... adios from AMS. It's 20% of your score and it doesn't take into account height.

Even if you're 50 years old, 6'5'', if you're not under a 39'' maximum waist (actual measurement, not the pant size) you'll fail - even if you were perfect on the run, etc.

So lately it's been the Salad and Oatmeal diet...

Yep, AF wide for the active duty fit test as well. Along with civilians at the gym to count/time your events since military can't be trusted to do it (waiting for the FAA examiners on NATOPS checks).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Go find a Crossfit affiliated gym nearby. Join up. Let them kick your ass. Rinse. Repeat. I wouldn't call them workout routines, because they change everyday. Boredom is the enemy.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Go find a Crossfit affiliated gym nearby. Join up. Let them kick your ass. Rinse. Repeat. I wouldn't call them workout routines, because they change everyday. Boredom is the enemy.

Just started at a crossfit gym yesterday, thinking I was going for a 'foundations' class where they would just show me all the proper movements. Little did I know I would be rolling right into my first ass-kicking workout. That was 20 minutes of pure hell...and I'm going back for more. :)

DannyMac

P90X (beachbody.com) is pretty legit and you dont need that much equipment or space just a TV and living room. Since i work 9-5 I do that like 3 or 4 days a week in the evening. Then I do long runs on the weekends. P90X really kicks your body's core into shape making pushups and situp easier and its good for indurance b/c the workout are 1 to 1.5 hours without breaks. The good part is the there isnt very much repetition and there are 12 different workout so you dont really get bored.