• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wondering when I will get my orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnorman911

Well, I got my pro rec for SNA back in april, but I still have not gotten my orders yet. It has been about 5 weeks since my packet went into to whom ever was supposed to issue my orders. I was wondering if it is normal to wait this long, my Recruiter said it was only going to take 2-3 weeks, but he still doesn't have a answer for me. I am kind of getting worried. Any help or your personal experience with this time would be great thanks.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey -
I'm in the same situation as you. I got pro rec'd recently (the last week or two of April) and haven't heard anything else yet. I'm done with PRT and EPSQ... simply waiting for my paperwork to push through so I can swear in (and start getting paid.) My recruiter said the same thing- expect a couple of weeks. I'm now going on 5 weeks. Frustrating... but what can you do? I'm not really worried though, I think we're already in even though aviation is closed now. Let me know if hear anything.

BEN

gnorman911

Well Good to know I am not the only one who is in this situation. I talked to my recruiter today. He said that getting my official acceptance and my date should come at the same time and that it is kind of random when they will come in. Also, I am sure you are right about the getting in part. He said the prorec was the hard part and I got that. Seems like both of our packets were sent in the the same time, let me know if you hear anything else.
Thanks

jrklr

hey guys, I'm in the same situation as you. I got pro rec in mid may and sworn in immediatley. So, my pay technically started then (back pay should be in order) but my recruiter said that my orders need to come in first(been waitin for about a month now). I think this is odd that I'm basically enlisted but not gettin a check. I'm thinkin about goin straight through the NRD and askin them how I can get my pay. My recruiter also said that I need a military ID to get paid, which will also happen once these orders get in. If anyone's had some experience with this please lemme know. Thanks.

grouch

Hey 911, you said you got pro reced but you didn't say if they took you for SNA. They are two different things. If you do get selected, they will give you an OCS date. You won't get you actual orders until about two weeks before your date. Your packet gets split into two when it hits Millington. You have the side that goes before the board and you have the medical side. Neither one of the seem to work together. It is a painfully slow process but hang in there, your past the hardest part.

gnorman911

I would have to say that I really have no Idea. I know my recruiter has said that I got a slot in flight school. Then after that we sent in the packet with my prt, epsq, and medical. That was 5 weeks ago. Have I been waiting too long, should I start to find out from CNRC what is going on. But other than that, I have no clue. Also, was I supposed to be sworn in already. I haven't done that yet. Please let me know about that.

Meridiani

Sounds like you've been professionally recommended, and now you're waiting to hear back about official selection. You won't be sworn in until after you've been selected. Five weeks doesn't seem exceptionally long to me, so I'd hang in there another week or two...unless the wait is absolutely killing you.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm in exactly the same situation...
Professionally recommended for SNA but not yet officially selected. Can't swear in or get paid until after the official selection. I don't know what they're waiting on at CNRC because they've had ALL of my paperwork for a while now. I was pro-rec'd 8 weeks after my kit made it to Millington. That was a while back. I turned in the first part of my package on 3/31/03(Monday). By that Friday my kit had progressed it's way from my local office to the regional office in Houston and finally to CNRC in Millington, TN. According to my trusty calendar, that was on Aril 4. If memory serves me right, I got the call that I was pro-rec'd on 5/23. That was 5 weeks ago tomorrow...

CNRC has my PRT, EPSQ, MEPS info, and updated transcripts. The wait SUCKS but I've come to realize that most things that are government related take longer than they should.

I'm ready to swear in and not have to worry that somehow I didn't make it in after all. Aviation spots are closed now, you know. Besides that I'm ready to start gettin' a paycheck so I can quit my job that I HATE with a passion.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little.

gnorman let me know if you get word on anything.

jrklr how in the heck did you swear in so fast?

gnorman911

Oh, you know that will let you know.. I will probably let everyone in the world know.. This is my life dream.. It is kind of wierd though, not many people make it to 23, still having there life dream within there grasps.. At least I have to be happy that I still get to hold on to it at this point.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you're BDCP you get paid from the date you swear in. I got this info straight from my recruiter. No lie.

NuSnake

in BDCP you get paid from day one..tyhe day you swear in...i know this because i reap the benifits from it, so i know its true

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass all the time

NavyLonghorn

When I applyed to BDCP, I sent in my application in January, and started getting paid in August. 5 weeks is like a walk in the park. BDCP has a huge waiting list that noone seems to ever mention. They can only pay so many people at once. So basically, what they do, is they tell a group of people they are in, and then as BDCPers go to OCS, they fill those pay slots in the order of the most qualified candidates. So.. who knows how long it will be, it all depends where you are on the list, and how many spots are before you. You cant get paid till you have a slot though.

gnorman911

Yes, I understand that, but I am already done with college. I was told that I would then be first up for any ocs slots. Just wondering what I should do. My recruiter doesn't really seem to have any answers for me when I call him.

gnorman911

Well, I finally stopped playing the waiting game today. And what do you know but BUPERS lost my application. So it went in again today. Time to start waiting again, great...

Status
Not open for further replies.