• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wives at API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

apendle

Does anyone know the protocol for having your wife stay with you in the BOQ's? I had heard that they can only be there like 28 days but most guys ignore this rule. I want to live onbase during API but I want my wife around too.(fringe benefits :) I would like her to stay with me in my quarters but I don't know how feasable it is. I don't mind losing my BAH for a little while, to focus on studying on base and stuff, but is it very popular to have your wife at the Q with you? Do alot of guys do it that way? Any info would help, thanks.

adam

SNA, VT-21
definitely not many wives living in the boq. as far as i know, if the navy doesn't know she's not living in there with you, you'll still get your bah too.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
The Navy Lodge on base has provisions for your spouse living with you. I havent heard of anyone having their wife live with them in the BOQ.

unfUSN

Originally posted by lowflier03
The Navy Lodge on base has provisions for your spouse living with you. I havent heard of anyone having their wife live with them in the BOQ.

I think only the international guys have their wives staying at the BOQ...

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
BOQ=Bachelor Officers Quarters....ie a type of military apartment complex or hotel on base.

jaerose

Exactly, I thought the BOQ was for Bechelors, hence the name Bachelor Officers Quarters. Don't you share rooms with other officers? If so, then I don't think I'd want to be living in the same area as married couples. I mean, no offense to anyone because it's great you have your partner, but that just seems like it'd be uncomfortable...or is it just me?

JR

Dupe

Quite a few guys in my class didn't have their wives come out untill after 4th week of API. Be carefull about how many side distractions you have in API.

marcb747

I live in the BOQ. It's very convenient. I know several guys here that have their wives/girlfriends with them. One guy is in intermediate. I don;t see him being distracted at all. He studies at the library while his wife is off doing other things. My wife was here a week ago and its definitely a plus. It just gives you an added support element.

On the financial side, you get to pocket an extra $703 a month as opposed to forking it out on an apartment. The utilities are free except the phone&cable, plus it's fully furnished and you can get maid service for $15/week.

jaerose

Marc, how do you keep your BAH if you're in the Q? Just curious...I, too, want to exploit this loophole =)

JR

unfUSN

Originally posted by jaerose
Marc, how do you keep your BAH if you're in the Q? Just curious...I, too, want to exploit this loophole =)

JR

As long as you are married you will always get BAH... I use to be a DisbO and that's what we did about a year ago, unless something has changed. The BOQ, like most things in the NAvy has evolved... but kept the same damn acroynm... it is called the BOQ (bachelor officer quarters) but you can have your wife here...

LTjg Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.