• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winter at OCS?

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
No because playing hockey means you're having fun...;)

Hahahaha this is true. Though the last time we played it was about 10F WITHOUT the windchill. One of my teammates got frostbite, and I definitely had stopped feeling my fingers, since my gloves have holes in them.

That being said, it sounds like if it's THAT cold they'll PT inside. I'm actually a fan of circuit drills over running. But that's probably because I'm a former competitive swimmer. I'm gonna look around at other threads about this, but since I'm here . . . do they ever throw you in the pool for PT? Or just drills?

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Hahahaha this is true. Though the last time we played it was about 10F WITHOUT the windchill. One of my teammates got frostbite, and I definitely had stopped feeling my fingers, since my gloves have holes in them.

That being said, it sounds like if it's THAT cold they'll PT inside. I'm actually a fan of circuit drills over running. But that's probably because I'm a former competitive swimmer. I'm gonna look around at other threads about this, but since I'm here . . . do they ever throw you in the pool for PT? Or just drills?

You never PT in the pool, the only time you go in the pool is for the swim test first week. I am former college swimmer and I def wish we could go in the pool more often. In the winter we run a lot in the P ways and the gym. I have only PTed outside like 3-4 times and alls we did was run a few miles. If the windchill is below 20 we dont PT outside. They dont want to risk anyone getting hurt or too sick.
PT is def dependent on your CDI as well, they all do different things at different intensity levels.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Went for a jog today amidst all the drunk people in Newport. Still too cold for my liking. ;)

Dont even worry, its a lot more fun when you get to do it with your CDI. They are really good at making sure you dont get cold when you're oustide!!

anghockey

If you have to PT inside when the WINDCHILL is under 20, then sounds like nothing to worry about. My old ski team would make newbies (for JII, the last level before you qualify for the national team . . . and no, I was never that good, but some of my teammates were...) do a two mile polar bear run from Killington to Pico and roll in the snow before jumping in a jacuzzi the night after your first race! Compared to that, Newport sounds like paradise!!

It's a shame there's no PT in the pool =(

SWCS242

SWO in-training
If you have to PT inside when the WINDCHILL is under 20, then sounds like nothing to worry about. My old ski team would make newbies (for JII, the last level before you qualify for the national team . . . and no, I was never that good, but some of my teammates were...) do a two mile polar bear run from Killington to Pico and roll in the snow before jumping in a jacuzzi the night after your first race! Compared to that, Newport sounds like paradise!!

Yes...Newport is quite the paradise, especially when you are standing outside the chow hall in "green flag" conditions with the cold wind blowing off the ocean as the section leader tries to figure out that its half step march not ready move.

anghockey

I'm not saying it's going to be toasty warm, but I guess I'm kind of reassuring myself aloud that I've been in colder! Hahaha. If I remember correctly, it's that humid, biting cold that gets you to the bone. Shudder.

Lobster

...before jumping in a jacuzzi the night after your first race! Compared to that, Newport sounds like paradise!!

Oh yeah thats it...a paradise...

and that cold wind coming of the water...word on the street it it doesn't blow...it sucks!