• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winging dates at NAS Whiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Hey all-

I know that since this hurricane mess, that most if not all of the training schedules got behind. DH hasn't seen his winging date change, but we've talked to a couple of guys that were in the previous winging class, and their dates have changed significantly! (And to beyond DH's date) Has anyone heard an 'official' word on how the dates have changed, or if ALL classes' dates changed? He checks the schedule almost daily and his original scheduled date still shows. Just curious for planning purposes! (And it would be nice to know where we'll be spending the holidays!)

Thanks for helping out a wife here! :icon_mi_1

Heather

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
mine went from 8OCT to 5NOV... The dates will not be solid until about 2 weeks out. The closer he is to being finished, the more likely the date changed, if he is near the beginning of the program, the date may not have changed, but it prob is not a solid date anyway.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
The new dates are up in the training office. Mine went from Nov 19 to Dec 3, but I doubt I'll finish before then.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
BCH-

He's in RI flights, so, he is starting to wind down a bit. He's doing his cross country next weekend, etc. I don't know- I just know the date has been the same since he checked into the squadron! Oh well, I guess if they change it, they do! It is just hard to know!

E5B-

I guess if DH's date doesn't change, you'll all be winging together! What flight are you on now? I'm kinda wondering how he'll be done by then too. He's on his first RI flight in the a/c. I know his CC will knock out some x's, but I dunno about getting all of them knocked out by Dec. 3! I guess we'll see....just trying to get some info for planning.

Heather

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
heads up... hopefully this will not happen to you guys... a group of guys in -18 got their winging date changed form OCT 22 to NOV 5 with only 9 days notice. Kinda screwed the air travel for families... Just don't put a whole lot of stock in the winging dates until at least 2 weeks out.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
BCH-

Yikes! That isn't much notice. Family probably isn't going to make it because of the uncertainty. It gets so expensive for airfare in the first place, let alone changing ALL of the tickets to another date! Thanks for the info.

Heather

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
np, aside from the last two (hurricane effected) winging dates that are within 14 days are considered to be solid though

Status
Not open for further replies.