• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winging Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Well, I'll try to remember. It was only a year ago, but things like that always get to be a blur.
Everyone who gets winged that month gets winged together, so it doesn't matter - all airframes are represented. It takes place in the museum underneath the blue angels that are hanging from the ceiling. Each wingee gets a row and sits in the first seat with his/her family next to them in that row. Different people speak, the CO, the Commodore, the guest speaker... When its time to get winged, the student gets called up, and they announce what airframe they are going to, where they're from, what their callsign is, and who is going up to the front to pin their wings on. Some people have one person, some have more than one. I had my wife and sister pin on my wings, but also had my parents and grandparents come up with me so they could be in the pictures as well. So then the student comes up to the front, gets the wings pinned on, and everyone gets their pictures taken and shakes a bunch of peoples hands and recieves the certificate. A lot of time is left so that the family can take as many pictures as they want and spend as much time as they want up front. Everyone then goes to the Officers club for cocktails and food. Then everyone goes outside to the fountain where some tradition 'stuff' is done. Lots of fun. Later on that night, their will also be a party of some kind.
I hope this helps a little! I know its not too well written, but its been a long morning! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your visit to Pensacola.

cindy

Wonderfully written. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share with us.

I have read/re-read your "Summary of NFO flight school" so many times my computer screen is dog-eared! Thanks for that as well.

Know you must be so very busy, am looking forward summary of FRS.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.