• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Windjammer Barefoot Cruises

robav8r

None
Contributor
Veterans,

Anyone have any gouge on the "Windjammer Barefoot Cruise" company? I have heard they recently went out of business. I know some folks (myself included) that were interested in a post-retirement vacation on one of these types of ships down in the caribbean. Thanks in advance for any gouge . . . . .

:icon_carn

ddonham

Sailing Ships

Windjammer Barefoot has essentially folded. The kids of the founder couldn't keep it together. The ships are a bit long in the tooth, and will require major modification to pass the new SOLAS requirements coming in 2010. It remains to be seen if any of the ships will re-emerge as passenger vessels.

There are other alternatives to Windjammer Barefoot. Check out http:www.sailingshipadventures.com. Click on "Our Fleet" and scroll down through the long list of sailing ships. Or call 877-882-4395 toll free for more information.

Fair winds,

Dexter Donham
Sailing Ship Adventures

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
For similar $$$$, you could do a bareboat charter pretty much anywhere in the world and set your own sked.

For a little more, you could do a crewed charter.

Did it a few years back with my folks in the Caribbean and it was one of the best vacations I've ever had.