• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will they use your best ASTB score or most recent one?

Zequa

Selected for a ground contract for OCC 239 (Marines). Getting selected for air just wasn't working out. I'll be going for a competitive air slot, knowing that it's a big gamble. Wondering if they will use my best ASTB which was 47 6 8 7 from last Jan, or if I'll have to take it again. I was encouraged to take it again to increase chances of air selection and did so last October but ended up just barely failing it I think on one of the sections by a point. The test had multiple gray screens and I had to restart multiple sections even though I was nearly done with them, including having to restart some performance-based aptitude tests up to 6 times in one sitting, no joke. This definitely fatigued me and ruined my concentration, so it tanked my score. I am going to look into getting that test possibly nullified. But if not, it's even more of a gamble to put all hopes on trying to pass the ASTB again once at TBS.

exNavyOffRec

Selected for a ground contract for OCC 239 (Marines). Getting selected for air just wasn't working out. I'll be going for a competitive air slot, knowing that it's a big gamble. Wondering if they will use my best ASTB which was 47 6 8 7 from last Jan, or if I'll have to take it again. I was encouraged to take it again to increase chances of air selection and did so last October but ended up just barely failing it I think on one of the sections by a point. The test had multiple gray screens and I had to restart multiple sections even though I was nearly done with them, including having to restart some performance-based aptitude tests up to 6 times in one sitting, no joke. This definitely fatigued me and ruined my concentration, so it tanked my score. I am going to look into getting that test possibly nullified. But if not, it's even more of a gamble to put all hopes on trying to pass the ASTB again once at TBS.
once you take the ASTB over it invalidates any previous scores.

while the freezing and restarting is frustrating it doesn't directly affect your score, I understand the fatigue could be a factor but since you have seen that exam they cannot throw out that score, they could have you take the last version.

I would not have had you retake, you had an 8 for PFAR out of a 9 and that was a very good score.

Zequa

Thank you for the response. I'm aware that your answers are accurate, however, I will still try and push forward to get that test revoked. My office had to call the creators of the ASTB three times during different portions of my test to get it fixed/reset, which I really think is qualifying grounds to cancel a test if there was so much interference. I didn't want to finish it because at that point I kind of knew my scores wouldn't be the best of my capabilities, but OSO pushed for me to finish it anyways. On the other hand, I do happen to have a hard copy of my official test results of that first attempt, which I'm hoping to use when the time comes around and to explain what happened on that second attempt if they're willing to buy into my story. No fabrications, just wasn't a good day.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the response. I'm aware that your answers are accurate, however, I will still try and push forward to get that test revoked. My office had to call the creators of the ASTB three times during different portions of my test to get it fixed/reset, which I really think is qualifying grounds to cancel a test if there was so much interference. I didn't want to finish it because at that point I kind of knew my scores wouldn't be the best of my capabilities, but OSO pushed for me to finish it anyways. On the other hand, I do happen to have a hard copy of my official test results of that first attempt, which I'm hoping to use when the time comes around and to explain what happened on that second attempt if they're willing to buy into my story. No fabrications, just wasn't a good day.

It is not uncommon for the admin to call down to Pensacola to have them reset it happens.

Once you see the test that is it they count it, even if you didn't finish it would have still counted, the best you can do is do the third attempt. They cannot violate policies and procedures.

I still don't see why he had you retake with a 8 PFAR, I would blame him for this fiasco.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is not uncommon for the admin to call down to Pensacola to have them reset it happens.

Once you see the test that is it they count it, even if you didn't finish it would have still counted, the best you can do is do the third attempt. They cannot violate policies and procedures.

I still don't see why he had you retake with a 8 PFAR, I would blame him for this fiasco.
Third time’s a charm?