• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will the govt move my spouse from a separate location????

USMCMidd

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right area for posting but I had a question regarding moving my soon to be wives stuff down to me. I am in Kingsville, TX right now and she is in NYC. We are getting married in September and i will hopefully wing here sometime in December.

Does anyone know if TMO will move her stuff to either me or our new duty station? Are we responsible for getting her stuff to me here in K-Ville first, so they can take it all when we PCS?

I used my home of record move getting my stuff from Boston to Pensacola. Someone mentioned that you rate an allotted poundage for your stuff, of which i deff did not use it all up. I had a bed, some pots and pans, clothes, and a tv basically. If you still have a balance left from your initial HOR move, can you use it in another move?

Thanks, an insight would be very helpful.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not an expert, but my guess would be no. The only time the Navy moves stuff from more than one location is at the end of a geo-batch'ing tour (that is, you moved away on orders but your family stayed behind - so now they're moving you all to the same place), or when you were on unaccompanied orders, which is pretty much the same thing. I'd seriously doubt they'd move a new officer's wife down from her hometown.

It's possible they have some type of move category that would cover this, but forget about the "I didn't use up my allotment from the last move" thing. Doesn't work like that. The allotment gross weight is the maximum they'll pay to move, not an allowance that you can roll over.

Still, couldn't hurt to ask. Worst they'll say is 'no'.

phrogpilot73

Per the JFTR, Chapter 5, Section 3:

Members are not entitled to dependents? travel and transportation allowances when a dependent is not a dependent on the effective date of the PCS order

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
I was actually married in Lemoore with my wife in Texas to finish up school. They would not pay for her to move to Oceana with me.

MasterBates

I had to pay out of pocket to move my ex from Corpus to Jacksonville, we got married when I was in the HTs at Whiting. They did not pay to move any of her stuff to JAX although we did pre-stage some stuff to Whiting to be moved when I winged by taking a car/truck load whenever one of us went one way or the other to visit.

chelley

If you do get married and wait to move her for whatever reason after you get her put on as a dependent, make sure you update your page 2 ASAP. That kind of jacked us up getting advance DLA for our next PCS. They still think I'm in Houston, so now we have to wait for them to move me on paper to Milton, then again to our current station. Fun, fun.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If the Marine Corps wanted to pay for your wife to move, they would have issued her to you!