• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

will the family move with me after ocs?

hotwings

First off, let me say that I have searched, and i know that after API all of my things will be moved for primary, however what I cant figure out is if my family will be flown to pensocola once i graduate from ocs and if I will have the option of base housing that will support my family (2kids and wife). Thanks

*sorry if this is posted in the wrong area

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
If you're married, you'll get full PCS orders to Pensacola for API with follow on orders to NAS Whiting Field for Primary. You rate one move from your Home of Record down here. Most dudes choose to live in Milton as it's roughly between NAS Pensacola and NAS Whiting Field. I wouldn't recommend base housing. Take the O1 BAH (~$1100) and get a house.

In terms of physically moving your family members, I'll defer to those that know more about that one. I know for sure you'll get either a plane ticket or mileage from Newport to Pensacola, but not sure about the family and whether they rate travel expenses.

hotwings

why wouldn't you recommend base housing? Is it because you can pocket a little cash off base or is there another reason? Also when you say "you rate one move from your home of record down here" does this mean they will only move all my crap once to either nas whiting field or pensacola? thanks

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Well Whiting and PCola are in the same area, so you're only getting one move. And yes, why not take the money and get more choice? There's TONS of nice housing available in the area. The depressed housing market has a lot of people offering places as rentals vice selling.

hotwings

ya true....how is the base housing though? Is there usually a waiting list? and what if you have primary at corpus christis(don't really know what determines this)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Base housing = free house with no housing pay.

Off base = housing pay.

Off base = 1400. You get paid 1900. ipso facto, you get 500 bucks of tax free cash in your pocket. Any questions?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please use capitalization and punctuation in your posts.