• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will I have to redo all of my flight training?

I currently am attending university for commercial aviation and am about to graduate. I have my Commercial AMEL,ASEL,ASES,IR, Complex, HP, Tailwheel, CFI, CFII with about 400 hours total time. After spending 4 years working towards becoming a glorified bus driver I realized my heart wasnt in it. Assuming I make the cut to become a naval aviator will I essentially have to start over or how would that work?

Python

pilot
Contributor
I currently am attending university for commercial aviation and am about to graduate. I have my Commercial AMEL,ASEL,ASES,IR, Complex, HP, Tailwheel, CFI, CFII with about 400 hours total time. After spending 4 years working towards becoming a glorified bus driver I realized my heart wasnt in it. Assuming I make the cut to become a naval aviator will I essentially have to start over or how would that work?

You will start all over, but with completely different syllabi in a much different training environment with highly different aircraft. Everybody starts from square 1. Lots of available resources describing the training pipeline on the internet, and much is searchable with the search function in these forums.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
The Air Force has shorted its syllabus for people who have their ratings already. I don't have the reference or exact details because I haven't been looking to go to flight school recently, but I'm sure you can find it at baseops.net.

Keep in mind that you may end up as a bus driver in either service. P-8 and KC-46 immediately come to mind...Anyways, you'll have a blast in either/both services!

Last edited: