• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will current employers be contacted?

jpham79

If I get considered for OCS, would my current employers, at anytime, be contacted or questioned? I'd rather not have my current employers know that I am planning to apply for OCS.

Also...

Will the navy look at the history of my parents? My Father has had issues at one point, and needed to spend a few days in a mental facility. Will they find this out and have it counted against me?

Wankertank

Free Hat!
I had similar questions as well, and this is what my recruiter pointed me to....

If requested by the applicant, a DD Form 370 shall not be forwarded to the applicant's current employer (e.g., the applicant feels it might jeopardize their job). If the current employer is not queried, it shall be annotated on the Application Processing and Summary Record (NAVCRUIT 1131/1).

You dont have to get a LOR from them....however if you are wanting to go IW they will eventually conduct an SSBI (for TS clearance)and are gonna be talking to someone.

I am sure someone on this board has had one done and can tell you who they will potentially talk to. For info on SSBI read this thread.

That being said, you should probably ask these questions to your recruiter as well, they deal with this kind of stuff all the time and can tell you exactly what you need to know. The answers you will get here may be helpful but your recruiter is still your best source of info.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
When you submit you application, you current and past employers will be contacted and be asked to submit a character/employee reference to go into your application packet.

Hope that helps/
-Bubba

jpham79

What is an SSBI and what is TS ?

I had similar questions as well, and this is what my recruiter pointed me to....

If requested by the applicant, a DD Form 370 shall not be forwarded to the applicant's current employer (e.g., the applicant feels it might jeopardize their job). If the current employer is not queried, it shall be annotated on the Application Processing and Summary Record (NAVCRUIT 1131/1).

You dont have to get a LOR from them....however if you are wanting to go IW they will eventually conduct an SSBI (for TS clearance)and are gonna be talking to someone.

I am sure someone on this board has had one done and can tell you who they will potentially talk to. For info on SSBI read this thread.

That being said, you should probably ask these questions to your recruiter as well, they deal with this kind of stuff all the time and can tell you exactly what you need to know. The answers you will get here may be helpful but your recruiter is still your best source of info.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Will the navy look at the history of my parents? My Father has had issues at one point, and needed to spend a few days in a mental facility. Will they find this out and have it counted against me?

They might look at your parents history, but I doubt this will count against you. They are looking for issues that make you a blackmail or security risk, and I don't think this qualifies. Also, they can't medically disqualify you because of family history even if it is a hereditary disease.