• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wierd Check In

Ex Rigger

pilot
I checked in earlier this week and lo and behold I find out that I was selected as a Pilot this whole time not NFO. I was told by my previous command that I was selected as an NFO and then I check in and LT says he wasn't expecting any NFO's and he looked at my orders called the detailer and found out I was a 1390 all this time. Wierd Orders, next to my social it said 1390, but on the back page it said designated Student Naval Flight Officer. Some of you may have seen me at Thursday's muster. I have to redo IFS now. Their going to give me all the IFS hours over again because its a new aircraft and all. I won't have to do the ground school again though because I already took the exam. Anyways, just thought I'd share this screwy ordeal.

Ex Rigger

pilot
Hell Yeah I'm happy though I think I would have been happy as an NFO too. But yeah I'm pretty damn excited!

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The exact same thing happened to me. Luckily, I just found a few weeks ago just before I got cleared by NOMI. It's amazing you got all the way through IFS before it was discovered. Good Luck, Doc

bart27

I thought 13950 was pilot and the other was NFO. Did you happen to forget a 5 when you made your post? At any rate...congrats!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Norman:

My only concern would be if you're medically qualified for pilot, since you'll have to take the NAMI whammy regardless. If you had pilot stats on your pre-com physical, then you should be good to go. If so, congrats!

Bart:

They stopped commissioning people as reserve commissions, so that's why he's 1390 vice 1395.

Ex Rigger

pilot
It's Haizlip not Norman...had my last name changed years ago.....long story....wish I could change my username
but yeah I have pilot stats so I'm good to go for everything....at least I hope so. I go to NOMI this week.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Good news. Sorry for the wrong name. If you want to change your username, go to the Forum help section and post a request. Steve and I don't have the juice anymore, so we can't help, so webman is the only guy who can update it.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
One guy I knew in VT-10 checked into API and had the exact opposite happen (been told he was a stickmonkey, found out he'd been selected as an NFO all along).

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I was there last Thurs and heard the annoucement. I would have crapped a brick if that happened to me. But then again, i think my 20/500 vision might have caught someones attention :)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I have a question for you. Were you STA-21 core option and selected for NFO, or so you thought, or did you have an option and then told you got pilot?

Ex Rigger

pilot
I was STA-21 core....so during service selection I put down Pilot, NFO, SWO. I was medically qualified for all and felt that my application was pretty damn competitive that's why I was surprised I didn't get my first choice, I just thought it was a needs of the Navy thing, no big deal. I don't know exactly how the screw up happened, but I had been selected pilot the whole time.