• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why is it so hard to get an Officer Recruiter?

melissanavy07

Are Recruiting Officers very busy these days? I've been trying to contact an Officer Recruiter for two weeks now. I call everyday, and nobody ever answers! There are about 4 different extensions, and not one of them answers. I called a recruiting district out of my area and they answer, the only problem is, they are 7 hours away. I left a message, and no one returns my phone calls. I finally got a Officer Recruiter to email me, but it was a general email..straight from the brochure. I emailed him a response, and I haven't received anything back. I'm not giving up, because I want to be an officer, but I never knew it would be that hard to get in contact with a Recruiter. Anyone else experience these problems, or is it just my recruiting district?

Lonestar155

is good to go
I had a meeting the day I first spoke to mine. And that was the same day people on AW sent me the master list. They should have a secretary that takes phone calls

Navyfan06

pilot
Keep trying

Officer Recruiters are pretty busy folks, but keep trying to get in contact, just don't be too overzelous. Leaving messages everyday might not be the best approch but stay on top of things. They will get back to you! Good luck and keep your head up.

melissanavy07

Navyfan, I have only left two message, each a week apart. I am trying to be as patient as possible. I understand they're busy but it is like they are never there.

llc21

I had a couple problems at first with the recruiting process. but eventually i called the number i was first given off the navy website and asked to be transferred to a different recruiter even though the nearest was 2 hours away. My original recruiter got word of it and called me immediately, vowing to make things better. Maybe transfering to another recruiting center might help as long as you stay in your district...just my opinion.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I had alot of problems getting a hold of a Navy recruiter as well... guess they didn't like my stats... :D

The USMC didn't mind though!

llc21

From what I've been told you may not even have to meet with your recruiter until you swear in. I could be way wrong. So hopefully you can get everything done via the internet. Good luck

Officertob

Melissa,
The officer recruiters are extremely busy at this time of year. It is the end of one fiscal year and the beginning of a new. Just be a little patient someone will get back in touch with you.

just2bduckie

Recruiter phone numbers

Since I'm still new to the forum, I'm not sure what should be given in open forum and what shouldn't be. So, I just sent you a private message with phone numbers to a San Diego recruiter, an email address to the Los Angeles recruiter along with the email of his processor and a phone number/email to the recruiter in Irvine, which is my recruiter. Hope it helps.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Melissa,
If you live in Pasadena, you can't be 7 hours from an officer recruiter. I am sorry you are having trouble getting a hold of someone. Frankly, the phone systems frequently suck. If your message got to the wrong desk it probably died there. Try the numbers just2 is sending you. You can also try the career services folks at your college. Most officer recruiters have left info at career services for students to review. Any contact info left with your college career folks should be for the actual recruiter that works your school. As always, make sure you are talking to an officer recruiter (the recruiter may be a senior enlisted guy himself) and don't bother the Navy civilian organizations like NAVAIR, they can't help ya.

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
This is the website for the Los Angeles NRD

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/losangeles/

It lists the following contact numbers:

Los Angeles Office
  • Officer Programs Officer: 800-252-1588 ext. 236 or local 323-298-6600 ext. 236
  • General/Engineering Officer Recruiter: 800-252-1588 ext. 234/280/235 or local 323-298-6600 ext. 234/280/235
  • Medical Officer Recruiter: 800-252-1588 ext. 236/291/233 or local 323-298-6600 ext. 236/291/233
  • Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Recruiter: 800-252-1588 ext. 244 or local 323-298-6600 ext. 244
  • Officer Programs Application Processor: 800-252-1588 ext. 294 or local 323-298-6600 ext. 294
East Los Angeles Office
  • Active and Reserve Officer Programs - (626) 332 - 2080
Santa Barbara Office
  • General/Engineering Officer Recruiter: 805-884-4716
The Contact Us page lists the following numbers:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Chief Recruiter 800-252-1588 ext 247 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif]cr_la@cnrc.navy.mil[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Enlisted[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Programs 800-252-1588 ext 246 epo_la@cnrc.navy.mil[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Officer Progams 800-252-1588 ext 279 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif]opo_la@cnrc.navy.mil[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]​

I like to go visit, if I can.​

Also, you can use a recruiter from a different district, as long as you are the one to initiate contact. I used a guy in Florida, whom I knew for my second try.​

Good Luck!​

melissanavy07

Thanks all for the numbers, I finally got in contact with an Officer. I turned in an application and the security clearance form today. I'm schedule for a NUPOC VIP tour this month, then hopefully the technical interviews soon after.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just for general instruction, don't ever call the Chief Recruiter with a question or problem on an officer application. Although called the Chief Recruiter, he is really the Chief Enlisted Recruiter. The guy in charge of officer recruiting is the Officer Programs Officer. He is the department head. Sometimes they recruit as well, but not usually. If you have a problem, that is the first guy up the chain of command to talk to.