• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

whos been getting picked up lately?

guim13

I was told that the hardest boards are usually at the start of the year, and I wanted to see if people are getting picked up with lower scores (hopefully second round guys with scores like me) If you have gotten picked up recently for the SNA program for guys who are out of college, please post your stats. heres mine

GPA-3.0, Aviation Operations
6,7,6, 56
105 Hours, PPL
Leadership- Commander of my CAP squadron in High school

Leverton27

I didn't apply for an SNA position, but I did apply for an NFO position, and I was professionally recommended on June 29th. I graduated from college in 2005 and my OAR was 54, my GPA was 3.91 in International Studies and Biology, and I had worked/studied extensively overseas, primarily in Bangkok and Amsterdam. I had no previous extensive aviation experience.

FSF17

pilot
Pro-rec'd SNA and SNFO, not pro-rec'd for my #3, Intel.

7/7/7 63
3.16 GPA in poli sci.
1 semester of law school, all W's
No flight experience
congressional intern

guim13

Thanks for everyone responding. I got picked up SNA, so I guess the second times a charm. Now if anyone has 20/40 and a 1.75 astigmatism, let met know. I am still trying to figure out if I can get a waiver, or if I have to have PRK.

stepintoliquid

Thanks for everyone responding. I got picked up SNA, so I guess the second times a charm. Now if anyone has 20/40 and a 1.75 astigmatism, let met know. I am still trying to figure out if I can get a waiver, or if I have to have PRK.

i believe the astigmatism limit is -1.00, so you might need prk. mine is -1.5, so prk for me.

kevoGTO

SNA select OCS 8Sept07, ProRec SNA 26Jan09
guim, it's the laser for your buddy. I was 1.25 and 1.50, between 20/50 and 20/70. Even if you weren't outside limits, you don't want to be riding the curve when you get to NOMI and find out then that you need surgery and be grounded for 6 months (or go through primary in contacts). My advice - ask your recruiter as well - is go ahead with the surgery. PRK waiver aren't hard to get, they just take patience.