• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who to talk to

mike172

GO NAVY
This kind of a branch off my last thread. I am confused now about who i am supposed to talk to. DO i just fill out the online application and someone calls me, do i need to contact an OSO or the school i am interested in attending, or both? Can the recruiter help me or is he trying to get me to enlist? Also for application dates, The Navy.com website says that the 2006 application year ends on jan 31. (my birthday) Does this mean the 2007 stats feb. 1? If so why would the recruiter tell me that in 5 months is when i should apply. I also asked on the Navy.Com message board but they werent very helpful.
Thanks

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Fill out the NROTC application online. WHen you are done, they will give you a call and set up an appointment for an interview with your OSO. As far as I can tell, you cannot apply for ROTC until the fall of your senior year, so you still have some time to wait.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mike, I can't remember if you're a senior yet or not, but if you are, most definitely call the unit you're interested in, just to touch base. He won't be able to help you much w/ actually getting in, but he can help w/ questions you might have and to make sure what it is you actually have to do. On the Navy side of the house, the recruiter was worthless for a ROTC scholarship, but that's not a big surprise, since they don't deal w/ that program. The university units are the best POC. You should be asking for the freshman class advisor and/or explain that you're a senior in HS and needed some info. Again, don't expect a ton of help from him initially (although you may get it), but it's another source of info.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
^^^ Well said.

mike172 said:
Can the recruiter help me or is he trying to get me to enlist?

Anyone who gets you to try and enlist is not an ROTC/Officer recruiter.

mike172 said:
Also for application dates, The Navy.com website says that the 2006 application year ends on jan 31. (my birthday) Does this mean the 2007 stats feb. 1?

It may start feb. 1st for the Fall 2007 entry...I wouldn't apply until after you begin your senior year.

Also, as you apply to schools, think of NROTC as another school...meaning apply and don't worry about your acceptance/rejection as you look for college...it'd be possibly bad if you went to a school based on their NROTC unit and decide after your freshman year that you don't really want to do it...

~D